* Nntp summary buffer only shows "Undownloaded" Faces
@ 2003-11-24 23:10 Graham Murray
From: Graham Murray @ 2003-11-24 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Following an upgrade to the latest CVS emacs and gnus, the summary
buffer for Nntp groups only shows 'Undownloaded' faces instead of the
"Normal" faces which it previously showed. Nnml groups continue to
show as "Normal". Is there any way of reverting to the previous
behaviour as I would expect 'Undownloaded" indicate unplugged and the
article body not available for reading (ie as part of an off-line
reader using agent), but I am running 'plugged' and the articles are
all available.

* Re: Nntp summary buffer only shows "Undownloaded" Faces
@ 2003-11-25 19:56 ` Torsten Hilbrich
From: Torsten Hilbrich @ 2003-11-25 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Murray <graham@gmurray.org.uk> writes:

> Following an upgrade to the latest CVS emacs and gnus, the summary
> buffer for Nntp groups only shows 'Undownloaded' faces instead of the
> "Normal" faces which it previously showed. Nnml groups continue to
> show as "Normal". Is there any way of reverting to the previous
> behaviour as I would expect 'Undownloaded" indicate unplugged and the
> article body not available for reading (ie as part of an off-line
> reader using agent), but I am running 'plugged' and the articles are
> all available.

As a workaround I have set the:

Disable Agent Faces

option in the Groups customization buffer: G c (gnus-group-customize).
It is stored in the .newsrc.eld file:

(setq gnus-topic-topology '(("Gnus" visible nil
        ((agent-disable-undownloaded-faces . t))) ...))

        Torsten

BTW: As it probably matters; I'm using gnus topic mode.  I set it on
the top-level node in my topic structure.