From: mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger)
Subject: Updated nnrss.el back-end
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:50:05 -0600	[thread overview]

I've done a bit of work on the nnrss.el back-end and was wondering
if I could get some people here to give me feedback.

Changes:

 - Primitive XML Name-space support.  This means that RSS feeds
   like Kevin Burton's[1] can now be read in Gnus.

 - Implemented support for Mark Pilgrim's RSS Autodiscovery.[2]
   This means that if you want to read the RSS feed for
   example.com, all you have to do is hit "G R
   http://www.example.com/ RET" and nnrss.el will find and the
   feed listed on the site or (if you have loaded xml-rpc.el)
   look it up on syndic8.com.

 - Marked the message as HTML (by adding a Content-Type header)
   so that Gnus will render it as html if the user wants that.

 - Implemented the ability to save nnrss-group-alist so that any
   new feeds the you subscribe to will be found the next time you
   start up.

 - Implemented support for RSS 2.0 elements (author, pubDate).

 - Prefer for <content:encoded> over <description> where both
   elements exist.

Since I'm new to the ding mailing list, I'll refrain from posting
the code here.  Instead, please contact me if you would like to
try out this code.  I'll submit it for inclusion in Gnus later.

Mark.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.peerfear.org/index.rss

[2]  http://diveintomark.org/archives/2002/05/30/rss_autodiscovery.html

--
You are a mystery as deep as the sea; the more I search, the more
I find, and the more I find the more I search for you.