* nnml for Gcc group...
@ 2001-12-05 20:42 Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2001-12-05 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've switched my sent-(mail|news) over to nnml from using the archive
server, but now the messages added to that group show up as unread
(and cause the group to show up in the *Group* buffer as well)

Is there anyway to have the messages marked as read automatically?

--
Josh Huber

* Re: nnml for Gcc group...
@ 2001-12-05 20:46 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2001-12-05 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu> writes:
> Is there anyway to have the messages marked as read automatically?

(setq gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read t)

But it's an extraordinarily badly-named variable -- the "inews"
portion is really irrelevant.

* Re: nnml for Gcc group...
@ 2001-12-05 20:48 ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2001-12-05 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu> writes:

> Is there anyway to have the messages marked as read automatically?

I forgot to mention, the gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read variable is t
already.  Is that supposed to work or was is created for something
else?

ttyl,

--
Josh Huber

* Re: nnml for Gcc group...
@ 2001-12-06  3:10   ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2001-12-06  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:

> But it's an extraordinarily badly-named variable -- the "inews"
> portion is really irrelevant.

Yes, and after browsing the code I've noticed a bunch of gnus-inews
functions & variables...hmm.

Anyway, I've fixed the problem.  it was user error:

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnml ""
	     (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
	     (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/sent-mail/active")
	     (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/sent-mail/")))

see anything wrong with that? :)

I has the nnfolder settings left over from when it was an nnfolder
archive group, and aparently leaving them in there made gnus think I
was using some other secondary nnml server...

Is it just me or is it strange that there is a differentiation between
the primary and secondary servers?  I guess it's there due to
historical reasons, but it still seems odd to me.

ttyl,

--
Josh Huber