* Skip articles in nn*-retrieve-headers?
@ 2015-05-18  2:23 Nikolaus Rath
From: Nikolaus Rath @ 2015-05-18  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

Is it ok if a nn*-retrieve-headers function does not return headers for
all the requested articles?

I suspect it is (because the description of nn*-request-group says that
the returned article numbers may contain holes, and I see no other way
for the backend to communicate where the holes are), but I am not 100%
sure.

Background: I would like to improve the handling of the \Deleted flag in
the nnimap backend. As I understand, Gnus does not have a delete flag
itself, so it seems easiest to just filter out any deleted articles in
the nnimap backend.

Best,
-Nikolaus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-05-18  2:23 UTC | newest]