* News from the t-shirt testing institute
@ 1998-07-05 22:39 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-07-05 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I gave the white t-shirt one go in the washing machine, and it turned
even thinner and got an, uhm, certain see-through effect.  Excellent
for dry wet t-shirt contests, but not for me.

So I'm upgrading to some a bit heavier shirts, I think.  I kinda had
this in mind when setting the prices, so the price will remain the
same.

At this price plateau, there's more to choose from.  Are Haines (or
however that's spelled) shirts any good?

Hm.  I think I'll get a few an test them to see which ones feel
better...

* Re: News from the t-shirt testing institute
@ 1998-07-06  3:07 ` Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1998-07-06  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I gave the white t-shirt one go in the washing machine, and it turned
> even thinner and got an, uhm, certain see-through effect.  Excellent
> for dry wet t-shirt contests, but not for me.

Oh dear.  Thanks for checking this out.  I for one would rather pay
a bit more for a higher quality shirt.

> At this price plateau, there's more to choose from.  Are Haines (or
> however that's spelled) shirts any good?

Panning through my closet, I see several of my tee-shirts are Haines
"Beefy-T" models.  They are sized normally, and the quality of these
100% cotton shirts is good.  They have held up well to repeated
washings over the years and have resisted shrinking for the most part.
I have a size `XL' and a few `XXL' (which are more comfortable) - the
difference being more room in the shoulders and arms; the length is
about the same.

* Re: News from the t-shirt testing institute
@ 1998-07-06  4:05 ` Paul Fisher
From: Paul Fisher @ 1998-07-06  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> At this price plateau, there's more to choose from.  Are Haines (or
> however that's spelled) shirts any good?

Hanes' Beefy-T's are the best printable t-shirts you can get, and to
top it off, they're made down the road from me.

--
Paul Fisher * rao@gnu.org
.