* gnus - notmuch integration
@ 2013-06-11  8:29 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2013-06-11  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I am using gnus and notmuch, and the searching from emails in notmuch
and jumping to the mail from notmuch to gnus is working (thanks Roland
[1]). But I am looking for the other direction.

Reasoning: I archive/expire my emails in local yearly imap folders, and my email comes
in via gmail -> offlineimap (notmuch hook) -> dovecot. So complete
threads are often not in one folder. I could create virtual folders, but
as I like the folding of threads in notmuch. So my question is:

how can I open a thread in notmuch from an email in gnus? I guess I have
to use notmuch-search with the message id - but how can I wrap this into
a function which I ca then call via a keybinding?

Thanks,

Rainer

Footnotes:
[1]  http://roland.entierement.nu/blog/2010/09/08/gnus-dovecot-offlineimap-search-a-howto.html