* I'm losing mail.
@ 2003-03-29  1:15 Steve Youngs
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Steve Youngs @ 2003-03-29  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noticed this somewhere between 0.16 and 0.17, sorry for not being
more specific, I didn't update my Gnus in that period.

What's happening is that if I post a followup to an article on a
mailing list I'm not seeing my post in Gnus when it comes back to me
from the list.

I work off a local spool (using fetchmail to retrieve from mail
server) and I can verify that these messages are getting into my mail
spool.  I (setq mail-source-delete-incoming 5) and these messages are
making it into the backup files.  The only place that I can't see them
is in Gnus. :-(

It seems to be only followups that I make.  If I initiate a new
thread, I see that post.  If I followup to an article further down the
thread, I don't see it.

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

Any ideas?

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 10D5C9C5>---|
|            XEmacs - It's not just an editor.             |

* Re: I'm losing mail.
@ 2003-03-29 14:07 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-29 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Youngs <youngs@xemacs.org> writes:

> I work off a local spool (using fetchmail to retrieve from mail
> server) and I can verify that these messages are getting into my mail
> spool.  I (setq mail-source-delete-incoming 5) and these messages are
> making it into the backup files.  The only place that I can't see them
> is in Gnus. :-(

Weird.  It isn't duplicate suppression, is it?  See variable
nnmail-treat-duplicates.

Suppose your Incoming* file contains message A and then the followup
B from you.  Maybe the followup B is contained in message A?  That
would indicate a hosed mbox format.

* Re: I'm losing mail.
@ 2003-03-29 16:11 ` Vasily Korytov
From: Vasily Korytov @ 2003-03-29 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29 Mar 2003, Steve Youngs wrote:

> I work off a local spool (using fetchmail to retrieve from mail
> server) and I can verify that these messages are getting into my mail
> spool.  I (setq mail-source-delete-incoming 5) and these messages are
> making it into the backup files.  The only place that I can't see them
> is in Gnus. :-(

Are they put into the mail group, but not shown to you, or deleted?

If the latter, do you have (setq nnmail-treat-duplicates 'delete) somewhere?

BTW, I've never had such a problem.

--
       I accept RFC3156 and RFC2440-compatible encrypted mail.
PGP key fingerprint: 123A 7CCE 6E26 6233 0D87 E01A A0F8 3524 FCD8 1841

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: I'm losing mail.
@ 2003-03-30  2:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-03-30  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Youngs <youngs@xemacs.org> writes:

> It seems to be only followups that I make.  If I initiate a new
> thread, I see that post.  If I followup to an article further down the
> thread, I don't see it.

You haven't taken to scoring down your own followup messages?  :-)

In any case, `/ w' should say whether the problem is scoring-related.