* .netrc parsing stopped working when not giving port numbers
@ 2013-06-17  9:15 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-06-17  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have entries like

machine foo login bar password zot

When searching for the smtp or imap passwords on host foo, I'm not
getting anything.  .netrc should return this as a match, even though
there's no port number there.

* Re: .netrc parsing stopped working when not giving port numbers
@ 2013-06-17 10:49 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-06-17 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:15:10 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> I have entries like
LMI> machine foo login bar password zot

LMI> When searching for the smtp or imap passwords on host foo, I'm not
LMI> getting anything.  .netrc should return this as a match, even though
LMI> there's no port number there.

That's very likely my fault and I will look at it later today.

Ted

* Re: .netrc parsing stopped working when not giving port numbers
@ 2013-06-17 23:34   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-06-17 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 06:49:11 -0400 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

TZ> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:15:10 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
LMI> I have entries like
LMI> machine foo login bar password zot

LMI> When searching for the smtp or imap passwords on host foo, I'm not
LMI> getting anything.  .netrc should return this as a match, even though
LMI> there's no port number there.

I verified it works correctly just now, so I think it's a data issue.

TZ> That's very likely my fault and I will look at it later today.

I think I fixed *a problem*: if you had a missing token somewhere so it
saw "machine" as a data value.  Give it a try and if it still fails,
send a minimal netrc and a `auth-source-search' call I can check.

My change disallows "machine" as a data token.  I think that's
reasonable, but perhaps I should try harder to catch that case?

Ted

* Re: .netrc parsing stopped working when not giving port numbers
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-01 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> My change disallows "machine" as a data token.  I think that's
> reasonable, but perhaps I should try harder to catch that case?

Ideally, all values should be possible.  If somebody has a server called
"machine", then it would be confusing for that not to work.  And that's
perhaps more likely than having a password called "password", which was
reported as a bug before the rewrite.  :-)

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php

* Re: .netrc parsing stopped working when not giving port numbers
@ 2013-08-01 16:45       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-08-01 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:40:55 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> My change disallows "machine" as a data token.  I think that's
>> reasonable, but perhaps I should try harder to catch that case?

LMI> Ideally, all values should be possible.

I refuse empty values on moral grounds :)

LMI> If somebody has a server called "machine", then it would be
LMI> confusing for that not to work.  And that's perhaps more likely
LMI> than having a password called "password", which was reported as a
LMI> bug before the rewrite.  :-)

I can try harder to make it work.  I really didn't imagine it would be a
problem.

Ted