* request : unplugged more "in your face"
@ 2011-03-26  8:27 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-26  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

Would it be possible to re-face the "unplugged" in the mode line as one
way of making unplugged more stand out? That or possibly a default new
marker in the group line? I guess I could add something in my
gnus-group-line-format? But I think as a default it should stand out a
bit more - it might help you to remember to switch online and actually
post your emails/posts before switching off and heading off for a few
Zzzzzss..;) Possibly there is already some prompt to remind you you have
queued mail and might want to plug in and send when you quit gnus
(answering yes to that would simply stop the quit)? The going online and
sending would be as it is now since you might still want to review your
queue offline/unplugged (which I, and I know some others, do religiously
- use the queue as a holding pen for further last minute review prior to
sending).

* Re: request : unplugged more "in your face"
@ 2011-03-27 17:42 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-27 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Would it be possible to re-face the "unplugged" in the mode line as one
> way of making unplugged more stand out? That or possibly a default new
> marker in the group line? I guess I could add something in my
> gnus-group-line-format? But I think as a default it should stand out a
> bit more - it might help you to remember to switch online and actually
> post your emails/posts before switching off and heading off for a few
> Zzzzzss..;) Possibly there is already some prompt to remind you you have
> queued mail and might want to plug in and send when you quit gnus
> (answering yes to that would simply stop the quit)? The going online and
> sending would be as it is now since you might still want to review your
> queue offline/unplugged (which I, and I know some others, do religiously
> - use the queue as a holding pen for further last minute review prior to
> sending).

What I have done is make the queue level 1 and adjusted the face for
level 1 groups to make sure it stands out in my group buffer.  Also,
I've placed it first in the list.  I've done the same with the drafts
group (second in list but also level 1).  Almost all other groups are
level 2 or greater.

Not quite what you wanted but it does work for me.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1 + No Gnus v0.16