* PGP/MIME support?
@ 1998-11-25 20:45 Jack Twilley
       [not found] ` <x7af1fjoiy.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: Jack Twilley @ 1998-11-25 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm curious how one uses the new MIME stuffies in pgnus to properly
create, sign, encrypt, decrypt, and verify PGP/MIME messages.

I've got the newest version of Mailcrypt here, and I couldn't decrypt
a friend's PGP/MIME message.

Help?

Jack.
.

* Re: PGP/MIME support?
@ 1998-11-25 21:33 ` Stefanie Teufel
       [not found] ` <x7af1fjoiy.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: Stefanie Teufel @ 1998-11-25 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 20:45:34 +0000, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I'm curious how one uses the new MIME stuffies in pgnus to properly
> create, sign, encrypt, decrypt, and verify PGP/MIME messages.
>
> I've got the newest version of Mailcrypt here, and I couldn't decrypt
> a friend's PGP/MIME message.

Sheeze, I'm not alone anymore. Thank God,

Stefanie
--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to ten,  with more
 expected." (Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd ed.; june 1972)

* Re: PGP/MIME support?
       [not found] ` <x7af1fjoiy.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1998-11-26  1:10   ` Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 1998-11-26  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack> I've got the newest version of Mailcrypt here, and I couldn't
Jack> decrypt a friend's PGP/MIME message.

Rat> Aside from the fact that PGP/MIME and X-Pgp are Evil Incarnate,
Rat> mailcrypt does not grok PGP/MIME or X-Pgp (probably because
Rat> PGP/MIME and X-Pgp are Evil Incarnate :).

Hmmm.  Well, there's already support for vcards, isn't there? :-)

In all seriousness, though, it can't hurt to support another standard,
especially if it advances the acceptability of Gnus as an alternate
MUA and advances the usage of PGP, can it?

Please let me know if someone's thinking of working on this -- it
looks like it's easy enough from the outside -- whenever there's a
part one that's application/pgp-encoded, send the next part
(application/octet-stream) to Mailcrypt.

Jack.
(wishing I were a better coder.  ugh.)

.

* Re: PGP/MIME support?
       [not found] ` <x7af1fjoiy.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1998-11-26 10:01   ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1998-11-26 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 Rat> Aside from the fact that PGP/MIME and X-Pgp are Evil Incarnate,

Having to ignore (and cut from quotations) the PGP gunk manually is
much more evil.

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>

* Re: PGP/MIME support?
@ 1998-11-27 14:37     ` Jari Aalto+list.ding
From: Jari Aalto+list.ding @ 1998-11-27 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

|Thu 1998-11-26 Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@nycap.rr.com> list.ding
|
| Rat> Aside from the fact that PGP/MIME and X-Pgp are Evil Incarnate,
|
| Please let me know if someone's thinking of working on this -- it
| looks like it's easy enough from the outside -- whenever there's a
| part one that's application/pgp-encoded, send the next part
| (application/octet-stream) to Mailcrypt.

I have suffered from Summer's NT harddisk long time and in addition my
other activities have left very little time to sit late at work, so TinyPgp
has been on freeze. I've only now bought my first PC, so expect to see
rapid updates as I get all configuration set at home for Emacs with latest
Gnus and NT XEmacs 21.x betas.

PGP/MIME with pGnus and PGP 5.x support will be first in the list of my
TODO at the beginning of next year. I do have to recheck the TM and SEMI
PGP/MIME issues too.

jari

* Re: PGP/MIME support?
@ 1998-11-28  9:46     ` Darren/Torin/Who Ever...