* Re: [patches] mark as read with gnus notification
       [not found] <871tl0k9kz.fsf@gmx.us>
@ 2015-03-07 22:30 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-03-07 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: ding

Rasmus writes:

> +          (gnus-fetch-group group (list article))
> +          (when (window-system) (x-focus-frame (selected-frame))))))))

This does not work in XEmacs:

  While compiling the end of the data in file /var/lib/buildbot/slaves/debian/build-xemacs21.5/build/lisp/gnus-notifications.el:
    !! error (("The following functions are not known to be defined:
      window-system, x-focus-frame"))

   - http://www.randomsample.de:4456/builders/xemacs-21.5/builds/1397/steps/compile/logs/stdio

and:

  While compiling the end of the data in file /var/lib/buildbot/slaves/debian/build-xemacs21.4/build/lisp/gnus-notifications.el:
    !! error (("The following functions are not known to be defined:
      window-system, x-focus-frame"))

   - http://www.randomsample.de:4456/builders/xemacs-21.4/builds/1391/steps/compile/logs/stdio

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Du danser godt, men ude af takt"                            Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: [patches] mark as read with gnus notification
@ 2015-03-07 22:43   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-03-07 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: ding

Adam writes:

> Rasmus writes:

>> +          (when (window-system) (x-focus-frame (selected-frame))))))))

I think you can just change (window-system) to window-system, or maybe
(eq window-system 'x)?

Here is an example for XEmacs compability for x-focus-frame:

 * https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-01/msg00351.html

I am not sure what the best way to solve these things are.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I always liked songs with parentheses in the title."        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: [patches] mark as read with gnus notification
@ 2015-03-08 20:58     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-03-08 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: ding

Adam writes:

> I am not sure what the best way to solve these things are.

Turns out that gnus-util.el already had a function for this, called
gnus-select-frame-set-input-focus - so that is the solution I have
pushed now.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being          Adam Sjøgren
  gruntled."                                             asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: [patches] mark as read with gnus notification
@ 2015-03-08 21:29       ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-08 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: ding

> Adam writes:
>
>> I am not sure what the best way to solve these things are.
>
> Turns out that gnus-util.el already had a function for this, called
> gnus-select-frame-set-input-focus - so that is the solution I have
> pushed now.

Thank you, Adam!  I did not even consider Gnus having a function for this,
but I'm also not surprised.

—Rasmus

--
Tack, ni svenska vakttorn. Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä!