* very short tip: imap.gmail.com sync
@ 2019-02-02 16:16 Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) @ 2019-02-02 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

for years i used just nnimap for imap.gmail.com. nnimap sync all
label. so it takes time for minutes with huge label such as linux-kernel
mailing archive. so i did googling.

now i use getmail [1]. and by `G f' in group buffer, i could choose the
mbox. speed? very very very fast. it appears as nndoc in group buffer.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getmail

Sincerely,

Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: very short tip: imap.gmail.com sync
@ 2019-02-06  2:09 ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) @ 2019-02-06  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:

> for years i used just nnimap for imap.gmail.com. nnimap sync all
> label. so it takes time for minutes with huge label such as linux-kernel
> mailing archive. so i did googling.
>
> now i use getmail [1]. and by `G f' in group buffer, i could choose the
> mbox. speed? very very very fast. it appears as nndoc in group buffer.
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getmail

just added screenshot: (getmail do sync [Inbox, gmane])
https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/raw/master/ss/getmail+gnus.png

Sincerely,

Byung-Hee

--

@ 2019-02-06  3:18   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-02-06  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:

> soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:
>
>> for years i used just nnimap for imap.gmail.com. nnimap sync all
>> label. so it takes time for minutes with huge label such as linux-kernel
>> mailing archive. so i did googling.
>>
>> now i use getmail [1]. and by `G f' in group buffer, i could choose the
>> mbox. speed? very very very fast. it appears as nndoc in group buffer.
>>
>> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getmail
>
> just added screenshot: (getmail do sync [Inbox, gmane])
> https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/raw/master/ss/getmail+gnus.png

And getmail does two-way syncing with Gmail? I mean, local changes get
propagated to the server?

Thanks,
Eric

* Re: very short tip: imap.gmail.com sync
@ 2019-02-06  5:02     ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) @ 2019-02-06  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:
>
>> soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:
>>
>>> for years i used just nnimap for imap.gmail.com. nnimap sync all
>>> label. so it takes time for minutes with huge label such as linux-kernel
>>> mailing archive. so i did googling.
>>>
>>> now i use getmail [1]. and by `G f' in group buffer, i could choose the
>>> mbox. speed? very very very fast. it appears as nndoc in group buffer.
>>>
>>> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getmail
>>
>> just added screenshot: (getmail do sync [Inbox, gmane])
>> https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/raw/master/ss/getmail+gnus.png
>
> And getmail does two-way syncing with Gmail? I mean, local changes get
> propagated to the server?

Yes, i use this python script: (with cron service)
https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/raw/master/getmail.py

And thanks for your time,,, Eric^^^

Sincerely,

Byung-Hee

--

@ 2019-02-06 19:41       ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-02-06 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:

>> soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:

>>> just added screenshot: (getmail do sync [Inbox, gmane])
>>> https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/raw/master/ss/getmail+gnus.png
>>
>> And getmail does two-way syncing with Gmail? I mean, local changes get
>> propagated to the server?
>
> Yes, i use this python script: (with cron service)
> https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/raw/master/getmail.py

Interesting. I didn't realize you could effectively sync a remote imap
server to so many different local options: a local imap server, a
maildir, and apparently an nndoc. Thanks for the information!

* Re: very short tip: imap.gmail.com sync
@ 2019-02-06 23:15         ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) @ 2019-02-06 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> soyeomul@doraji.xyz (Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희, 黃炳熙)") writes:
>
>> Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> writes:

>>> And getmail does two-way syncing with Gmail? I mean, local changes get
>>> propagated to the server?
>>
>> Yes, i use this python script: (with cron service)
>> https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/raw/master/getmail.py
>
> Interesting. I didn't realize you could effectively sync a remote imap
> server to so many different local options: a local imap server, a
> maildir, and apparently an nndoc. Thanks for the information!

While Gnus do re-reading imap.gmail.com, Emacs whole is stop, even mouse
and keyboard are freezed. that is why ... to deploy getmail. anyway
thanks for your time.

(ps: propagated things have no way in getmail)

Sincerely,

Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//