* Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-11 12:58 Steven Woody
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Steven Woody @ 2003-03-11 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

?

--
I am so optimistic about beef prices that I've just leased a pot roast
with an option to buy.

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-11 13:21 ` Jesper Harder
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-03-11 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-11 16:57 ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2003-03-11 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steven Woody <steven@steven4u.net> writes:

> ?

You should never want to.

zw

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-11 17:54 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-03-11 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steven Woody <steven@steven4u.net> writes:

> ?

Put <#part type=text/html> at the top of your message and then type
ahead.

If you want WYSIWYG, I'm not so sure.  Emacs has support for editing
enriched text (i.e., see $emacssrc/etc/enriched.doc), converting that
into HTML shouldn't be too hard, and seems to be on the todo list for
enriched.el.  There was a package that generated HTML based on
font-lock markup, perhaps using it in a enriched text buffer works.

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-03-11 21:32 ` Xavier MAILLARD
From: Xavier MAILLARD @ 2003-03-11 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: zedek, maillaxa

What a silly idea ! I hope you won't do this.

Do you remember the netiquette ?

zeDek
--
alt.fan.freedom-knights    Fanclub for the pro-free-speech group infamous.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-12  3:15   ` Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2003-03-12  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Steven Woody <steven@steven4u.net> writes:
>
>> ?
>
> Put <#part type=text/html> at the top of your message and then type
> ahead.

It works! thank you.  Where to find the manual about the <#part> tag?
I like to study all of it's properties, for example, I may want to
specify a charset, a tranfer encoding method, etc.

> If you want WYSIWYG, I'm not so sure.  Emacs has support for editing
> enriched text (i.e., see $emacssrc/etc/enriched.doc), converting that
> into HTML shouldn't be too hard, and seems to be on the todo list for
> enriched.el.  There was a package that generated HTML based on
> font-lock markup, perhaps using it in a enriched text buffer works.

I found the enrich-mode is very hard to use :-(

--
The revolution will not be televised.

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-12  3:16   ` Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2003-03-12  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier MAILLARD <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> What a silly idea ! I hope you won't do this.
>
> Do you remember the netiquette ?

? what is the story

> zeDek
> --
> alt.fan.freedom-knights    Fanclub for the pro-free-speech group infamous.

--
There is no time like the present for postponing what you ought to be
doing.

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-12  3:57     ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2003-03-12  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steven Woody <steven@steven4u.net> writes:

> Xavier MAILLARD <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
>
>> What a silly idea ! I hope you won't do this.
>>
>> Do you remember the netiquette ?
>
> ? what is the story

Short version: Never send HTML email.

Longer version: http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml

zw

* Re: Can gnus compose a html mail message?
@ 2003-03-12 10:45     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-03-12 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steven Woody <steven@steven4u.net> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> Steven Woody <steven@steven4u.net> writes:
>>
>>> ?
>>
>> Put <#part type=text/html> at the top of your message and then
   type
>> ahead.
>>
> It works! thank you.  Where to find the manual about the <#part>
  tag?
> I like to study all of it's properties, for example, I may want
> specify a charset, a tranfer encoding method, etc.

It is on the Emacs MIME manual, the section "Composing" should
discuss all those things (if not, please send a bug report).

>> If you want WYSIWYG, I'm not so sure.  Emacs has support for
   editing
>> enriched text (i.e., see $emacssrc/etc/enriched.doc),
   converting that
>> into HTML shouldn't be too hard, and seems to be on the todo
   list for
>> enriched.el.  There was a package that generated HTML based on
>> font-lock markup, perhaps using it in a enriched text buffer
   works.

> I found the enrich-mode is very hard to use :-(

I agree.  Mostly because it lacks a toolbar with markup commands,
like most WYSIWYG editors do.