* attachment oddness
@ 2000-10-03 10:20 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2000-10-03 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

(insert gnus-version) Gnus v5.8.6

Since moving to my present job, I have found myself unable to send
attachments, which I supposed was due to some mangling agent stripping
them out due to some enlightened local policy.  However, I was wrong.
It turns out that if I attach something with C-c C-a (or M-m-f,
depending how I feel) then it only actually gets sent if it is the
first thing in the message, but not if it is preceeded by text.

I will now demostrate by attaching a tiny text file.  (this'll
probably work now someone else is looking.  Whose law is that?)

I attached it as application/octet-stream since I know that at least
inline text parts work.  Here it is as attached text, too

Has this been noticed before and fixed, or have I goofed somewhere?

--
.   Paul Stevenson   .   Reasearch Fellow   .   University of Surrey   .
.     phone: +44 (0) 1483 876795     .     fax +44 (0) 1483 876781     .

* Re: attachment oddness
@ 2000-10-03 10:23 ` Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2000-10-03 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Stevenson <p.stevenson@surrey.ac.uk> writes:

> I will now demostrate by attaching a tiny text file.  (this'll
> probably work now someone else is looking.  Whose law is that?)

well, there was nothing there (as I expected) but the MML stuff
appeared in the Message buffer just dandily.

* Re: attachment oddness
@ 2000-10-03 10:43 ` Eric Marsden
From: Eric Marsden @ 2000-10-03 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

  ps> (insert gnus-version) Gnus v5.8.6

yep, I think MML attachments were broken in 5.8.6, but they do work
with 5.8.8.

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden>

* Re: attachment oddness
@ 2000-10-03 14:44   ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2000-10-03 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today, Eric Marsden <emarsden@mail.dotcom.fr> wrote:

ps> (insert gnus-version) Gnus v5.8.6
> yep, I think MML attachments were broken in 5.8.6, but they do work
> with 5.8.8.

Or with 5.8.7 if you want a rock-stable gnus and not a CVS version (-;

regards,
--
Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,