* nnimap-fetch-partial-articles and save attachments
@ 2012-12-26 16:28 Pham Bao Trung
From: Pham Bao Trung @ 2012-12-26 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I have used (setq nnimap-fetch-partial-articles "text/"). Since then, I
can not download attachments from messages. It seems that it is not a
bug but the current implementation. Are there any ways to save
attachments when using partial fetch like above? "A C" "K o" or "X m" do
not work for me.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Trung

* Re: nnimap-fetch-partial-articles and save attachments
@ 2012-12-26 17:02 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-26 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pham Bao Trung; +Cc: ding

Pham Bao Trung <pham.bao.trung@gmail.com> writes:

> I have used (setq nnimap-fetch-partial-articles "text/"). Since then,
> I can not download attachments from messages. It seems that it is not
> a bug but the current implementation. Are there any ways to save
> attachments when using partial fetch like above? "A C" "K o" or "X m"
> do not work for me.

`A C' works for me.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: nnimap-fetch-partial-articles and save attachments
@ 2012-12-26 20:22   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-12-26 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Pham Bao Trung <pham.bao.trung@gmail.com> writes:

>> I have used (setq nnimap-fetch-partial-articles "text/"). Since then,
>> I can not download attachments from messages. It seems that it is not
>> a bug but the current implementation. Are there any ways to save
>> attachments when using partial fetch like above? "A C" "K o" or "X m"
>> do not work for me.

> `A C' works for me.

I believe partial fetch has problems when you use the agent...?
Ie. what you fetch the first time, is all you get...?

* Re: nnimap-fetch-partial-articles and save attachments
@ 2012-12-26 20:36     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-26 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> I believe partial fetch has problems when you use the agent...?
> Ie. what you fetch the first time, is all you get...?

It binds `gnus-agent' to nil, so it should bypass all agentisms...

But he didn't say what Gnus/Emacs version he's using, so perhaps it's
buggy in that version.

@ 2012-12-27  3:05       ` Pham Bao Trung
From: Pham Bao Trung @ 2012-12-27  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: ding

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 21:36:48 +0100
Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>
> > I believe partial fetch has problems when you use the agent...?
> > Ie. what you fetch the first time, is all you get...?
>
> It binds `gnus-agent' to nil, so it should bypass all agentisms...
>
> But he didn't say what Gnus/Emacs version he's using, so perhaps it's
> buggy in that version.

I have used the default Gnus bundled with Emacs 24.2.1 on Arch Linux. It
shows Gnus v5.13 when pressing `v` on the group buffer.
When I use `A C`, a prompt for file name appears; however, it only
saves an useless zero-byte file. Is it really a bug? Does the latest
gnus on git solve this?

Thanks!

* Re: nnimap-fetch-partial-articles and save attachments
@ 2012-12-27 13:25         ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-27 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pham Bao Trung; +Cc: ding

Pham Bao Trung <pham.bao.trung@gmail.com> writes:

> I have used the default Gnus bundled with Emacs 24.2.1 on Arch Linux. It
> shows Gnus v5.13 when pressing `v` on the group buffer.
> When I use `A C`, a prompt for file name appears; however, it only
> saves an useless zero-byte file.

`A C' does not prompt for anything by default, so it sounds like you
have local customisations installed that overrides that keystroke.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen