* gnus-configure-posting-styles: Use with-silent-modifications
@ 2012-12-17 19:59 Christopher Schmidt
From: Christopher Schmidt @ 2012-12-17 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Right at the end of gnus-configure-posting-styles there is this form:

    (when (or name address)
      (add-hook 'message-setup-hook
                `(lambda ()
                   (set (make-local-variable 'user-mail-address)
                        ,(or (cdr address) user-mail-address))
                   (let ((user-full-name ,(or (cdr name) (user-full-name)))
                         (user-mail-address
                          ,(or (cdr address) user-mail-address)))
                     (save-excursion
                       (message-remove-header "From")
                       (message-goto-eoh)
                       (insert "From: " (message-make-from) "\n"))))
                nil 'local))

When the hook is run, the message buffer will be modified and undo
information will be stored in buffer-undo-list.  That does not feel
right.  I think the body forms of this save-excursion should be embedded
in a with-silent-modifications.

        Christopher

* Re: gnus-configure-posting-styles: Use with-silent-modifications
@ 2012-12-25 11:43 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-25 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Christopher Schmidt <christopher@ch.ristopher.com> writes:

> When the hook is run, the message buffer will be modified and undo
> information will be stored in buffer-undo-list.  That does not feel
> right.  I think the body forms of this save-excursion should be embedded
> in a with-silent-modifications.

I think being able to undo the posting style stuff sounds like a
feature, actually...

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: gnus-configure-posting-styles: Use with-silent-modifications
@ 2013-01-29 17:49   ` Christopher Schmidt
From: Christopher Schmidt @ 2013-01-29 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I think being able to undo the posting style stuff sounds like a
> feature, actually...

Right.  I am going to work around this feature locally.

        Christopher