* Horizontal scroll bar in group buffer
@ 2000-01-10 18:30 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2000-01-10 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Although I have scrollbars turned on, in normal editing windows there
is no horizontal scrollbar (and long lines are "wrapped") - only the
vertical one. Which is just what I want. In Gnus though, the group
buffer does have the horizontal scroll bar (which is also disabled as
the window is much wider than the group names shown). Is there any way
to turn it off? (IMHO, at least when the window is wider than the
longest group name, that shouldbe the default behavior as in all other
windows.)

"XEmacs 21.2  (beta26) \"Millenium\" [Lucid] (i686-pc-cygwin32) of Mon Jan 03 2000 on LUCY"
"Gnus v5.8.2"

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Horizontal scroll bar in group buffer
@ 2000-04-21 13:36 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> Although I have scrollbars turned on, in normal editing windows there
> is no horizontal scrollbar (and long lines are "wrapped") - only the
> vertical one. Which is just what I want. In Gnus though, the group
> buffer does have the horizontal scroll bar (which is also disabled as
> the window is much wider than the group names shown). Is there any way
> to turn it off?

I'm not all that familiar with how the scroll bars are controlled.
Could someone who is send me a patch to fix this?