Gnus development mailing list
* May have run across a recently introduced bug
@ 2020-09-25 16:55 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2020-09-25 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I just built a new emacs from souces this morning and find that with
no changes to ~/.emacs or ~/.gnus.el I am getting an error in summary
buffer of nndraft group

Whereas yesterday `D s' behaved as it is supposed to (below)

,----
| `D s' is supposed to:
|      D s runs the command gnus-draft-send-message
`----

Pressing  `D s' to send a finished message now produces

First this error
gnus-draft-setup: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-nnir-group-p

This backtrace:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function gnus-nnir-group-p)
  gnus-nnir-group-p("nndraft:drafts")
  gnus-draft-setup(2 "nndraft:drafts" nil dont-pop)
  gnus-draft-send(2 "nndraft:drafts" t)
  gnus-draft-send-message(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus-draft-send-message nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-draft-send-message nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-draft-send-message)

Where does nnir get into this?

* Re: May have run across a recently introduced bug
@ 2020-09-25 18:04 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-09-25 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I just built a new emacs from souces this morning and find that with
> no changes to ~/.emacs or ~/.gnus.el I am getting an error in summary
> buffer of nndraft group
>
> Whereas yesterday `D s' behaved as it is supposed to (below)
>
> ,----
> | `D s' is supposed to:
> |      D s runs the command gnus-draft-send-message
> `----
>
> Pressing  `D s' to send a finished message now produces
>

> First this error
> gnus-draft-setup: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-nnir-group-p
>
> This backtrace:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function gnus-nnir-group-p)
>   gnus-nnir-group-p("nndraft:drafts")
>   gnus-draft-setup(2 "nndraft:drafts" nil dont-pop)
>   gnus-draft-send(2 "nndraft:drafts" t)
>   gnus-draft-send-message(nil)
>   funcall-interactively(gnus-draft-send-message nil)
>   call-interactively(gnus-draft-send-message nil nil)
>   command-execute(gnus-draft-send-message)
>
> Where does nnir get into this?

See my reply to the other Eric, you need to run "make bootstrap" to
clear out stale *elc files.

* Re: May have run across a recently introduced bug
@ 2020-09-25 19:56   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2020-09-25 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

[...]

> See my reply to the other Eric, you need to run "make bootstrap" to
> clear out stale *elc files.

Sorry for the line noise ... yup it works