* splitting from a nnimap group to a nnml group
@ 2015-04-21 15:33 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-04-21 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Is it possible ? I have the following fancy-splitting rule on an IMAP
server (called "nnimap+free"):

("from" ,gnus-ignored-from-addresses ,jc-gnus-mail-archive-group)

with

(setq jc-gnus-mail-archive-group
      (format-time-string "nnfolder+archive:sent-mail-%Y-%m"))

the messages are splitted on the IMAP server, in the group:
nnimap+free:nnfolder+archive:sent-mail-2015-04, not really what I want.

Also, I'd like to fetch the correct date from the Date header of the
message itself for splitting instead of using jc-gnus-mail-archive-group
which depends on the day the splitting is done, instead of the day the
message was sent. Any ideas how to do it ?

Julien.

* Re: splitting from a nnimap group to a nnml group
@ 2015-04-22  2:41 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-04-22  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Is it possible ? I have the following fancy-splitting rule on an IMAP
> server (called "nnimap+free"):
>
> ("from" ,gnus-ignored-from-addresses ,jc-gnus-mail-archive-group)
>

> with
>
> (setq jc-gnus-mail-archive-group
>       (format-time-string "nnfolder+archive:sent-mail-%Y-%m"))
>
> the messages are splitted on the IMAP server, in the group:
> nnimap+free:nnfolder+archive:sent-mail-2015-04, not really what I want.
>
> Also, I'd like to fetch the correct date from the Date header of the
> message itself for splitting instead of using jc-gnus-mail-archive-group
> which depends on the day the splitting is done, instead of the day the
> message was sent. Any ideas how to do it ?

Looking at `nnimap-split-incoming-mail', it doesn't look like you have
the option to split to a different server, sorry.

As for your second question, the split can be a function, which is
called in the message buffer, narrowed to the header (see the Fancy Mail
Splitting section of the manual).

It's possible, if you wanted to copy the message to your archive server
and not *move* it, that you could abuse the function to also make a copy
of the message and move it. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun,
though.

Eric

* Re: splitting from a nnimap group to a nnml group
@ 2015-04-22 21:12   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-04-22 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> As for your second question, the split can be a function, which is
> called in the message buffer, narrowed to the header (see the Fancy Mail
> Splitting section of the manual).

I guess I'll have to practice my regexp for that.

Thanks,

Julien.