* Strange not-downloading of articles by Agent
@ 2002-10-14  7:31 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-14  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=utf-16be, Size: 2761 bytes --]

Look at this summary buffer snippet:

/----
| @  07-Oct,1.4k: Jesper Harder   | Re: trying to figure out \201þÿ
| @  07-Oct,1.5k: Fredrik Staxeng | þÿ%p%
| @  07-Oct,1.8k: Patrick Drechsl |   þÿ%\x1c%n
| @  07-Oct,1.4k: Fredrik Staxeng |   þÿ%\x02%p%
| @  07-Oct,1.8k: Patrick Drechsl |   þÿ%\x02  þÿ%p%
| @  07-Oct,2.0k: Fredrik Staxeng |   þÿ%\x02    þÿ%p%
| @  07-Oct,2.2k: Patrick Drechsl |   þÿ%\x02      þÿ%\x1c%n
| @  07-Oct,2.3k: Jonas Steverud  |   þÿ%\x02      þÿ%p%
| @  08-Oct,1.4k: Jesper Harder   |   þÿ%p%
| @  08-Oct,1.2k: Jesper Harder   | Re: Routing problem
| @  08-Oct,2.5k: Jeppe N. Madsen | Re: Starting shell scripts when fetching news/mail?
| @  08-Oct,1.3k: Benjamin Rutt   | Re: save email copy in current folder?
| @  08-Oct,1.7k: Reiner Steib    | þÿ%p%
| @  08-Oct,1.5k: Clemens Fischer | Re: oort and x-faces
| @  08-Oct,2.6k: Reiner Steib    | þÿ%\x1c%n
| @  08-Oct,1.4k: Clemens Fischer | þÿ%p%
| @  08-Oct,1.8k: Simon Josefsson | Re: Cannot IMAP with SSL
| @  08-Oct,1.2k: Paul Jarc       | Re: gnus-read-active-file 'some doesn't work
| @  09-Oct,1.8k: Uri Guttman     | þÿ%p%
| R  09-Oct,0.9k: Ed              | need (load-library "smtpmail") or not in .gnus?
| R  09-Oct,1.4k: Jesper Harder   | þÿ%p%
|    09-Oct,1.2k: Francis Litteri | Can I delete my "agent" directory if gnus-agent is set to nil?
|    09-Oct,1.3k: Jesper Harder   | þÿ%p%
|    09-Oct,2.5k: Micha Wiedenman | Re: another E-Mail Address
|    10-Oct,2.1k: Lam             | problem with mail
|    09-Oct,0.9k: Ed              | can someone post examples of nnmail-split-fancy?
|    10-Oct,1.1k: Alex Schroeder  | þÿ%\x1c%n
|    09-Oct,1.3k: Glyn Millington | þÿ%p%
| @  10-Oct,1.1k: Clemens Fischer |   þÿ%p%
\----

I've hit `g' on the first article, Gnus changes the @ mark into a %
mark and tells me the article has been marked for downloading.  I hit
`g' on the first two space-marked articles, and they seem to have
been downloaded already -- I could read them normally and Gnus marked
them with R.

Why are some articles downloaded and other articles are not
downloaded?

I started my laptop this morning and hit `J s' to fetch all
articles.  I have two agent categories, one `imap' category contains
all the nnimap group and the `default' category is for the others.
Both categories have a predicate of `true'.

I think Simon told me before that the agent only downloads real fresh
articles, so that reading an article and then hitting M-u while
online might prevent downloading of that article.  But I'm quite sure
I didn't look at all those @ marked articles before!

Hm.  I did also add gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article to
gnus-select-article-hook.  But this only takes effect when I read a
message...

Any ideas?

kai

* Re: Strange not-downloading of articles by Agent
@ 2002-10-14 10:43 ` Stefan Reichör
From: Stefan Reichör @ 2002-10-14 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I've hit `g' on the first article, Gnus changes the @ mark into a %
> mark and tells me the article has been marked for downloading.  I hit
> `g' on the first two space-marked articles, and they seem to have
> been downloaded already -- I could read them normally and Gnus marked
> them with R.
>
> Why are some articles downloaded and other articles are not
> downloaded?
>
> I started my laptop this morning and hit `J s' to fetch all
> articles.  I have two agent categories, one `imap' category contains
> all the nnimap group and the `default' category is for the others.
> Both categories have a predicate of `true'.
>
> I think Simon told me before that the agent only downloads real fresh
> articles, so that reading an article and then hitting M-u while
> online might prevent downloading of that article.  But I'm quite sure
> I didn't look at all those @ marked articles before!
>
> Hm.  I did also add gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article to
> gnus-select-article-hook.  But this only takes effect when I read a
> message...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> kai

I have a similar problem with nntp. The agent fetches the
articles. But when I enter such a group, many articles are marked
with the @. I must unmark them with M-u to read them the normal
way. This works, because they are already downloaded.

Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the @-marks.

By the way, gnus behaves like this since I switched to oort.

Stefan.

* Re: Strange not-downloading of articles by Agent
@ 2002-10-14 12:01   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-14 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Reichör <xsteve@riic.at> writes:

> I have a similar problem with nntp. The agent fetches the
> articles. But when I enter such a group, many articles are marked
> with the @. I must unmark them with M-u to read them the normal
> way. This works, because they are already downloaded.

Ah, they are downloaded already!  Whee.

kai