* Agent categories
@ 2019-05-16 16:33 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-05-16 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Embarrassingly (for someone who spends all day in Gnus) I've only just
got around to looking at using the Agent for downloading and reading
nntp messages offline. All my other servers are local to my machine, so
it's never seemed that pressing. I've only ever used the agent for
queuing outgoing messages.

But I've finally gotten tired of waiting for Gnus to open each gmane
message individually, and gotten tired of having to close and reopen the
gmane server when the connection times out every six minutes, or
whatever it is. So I'd like to have "J s" fetch the handful of gmane
groups I'm interested in reading.

I figured I'd just configure the "default" category, since I don't think
I need more than one. There is a whole bunch of documentation on agent
categories, and I can see how I would add individual groups to the
category, but I don't see how I can use a regexp to match group names.
Nor do I see how I could set a topic parameter to have everything in
that topic fetchable, despite the manual saying that's possible.

Am I missing something in the manual? How do you do this?

Eric

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-16 16:33 UTC | newest]