* How to debug nnimap-stream shell
@ 2015-05-25  2:54 Nikolaus Rath
From: Nikolaus Rath @ 2015-05-25  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I'm trying to use nnimap-stream 'shell. I've set nnimap-shell-program to
a command line that connects to the imap server when tested on a
terminal, but when starting Gnus all I'm getting is a "Opening
connection to <server> via shell..." message, and the server remains in
Offline mode.

Is there some way to obtain more debugging information?

Best,
-Nikolaus

* Re: How to debug nnimap-stream shell
@ 2015-05-27  7:10 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2015-05-27  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I'm trying to use nnimap-stream 'shell. I've set nnimap-shell-program
> to a command line that connects to the imap server when tested on a
> terminal, but when starting Gnus all I'm getting is a "Opening
> connection to <server> via shell..." message, and the server remains
> in Offline mode.

> Is there some way to obtain more debugging information?

Set 'nnimap-record-commands' to t.

Check the " *imap log*" and " *nnimap ...*" buffers for content.
(note the leading space befor the "*")