* nntp groups fully reloading on each entry
@ 2015-05-09 22:15 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-05-09 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I just moved my system over to a new computer, copying all my old
configuration files and whatnot into place. Everything's working fine,
except now I find that each time I enter an nntp group, the whole group
is apparently re-downloaded. For larger groups, that means it can take
several minutes just to open the group. The next time I go to open it:
same thing.

My config files are literally exactly the same on this machine as they
are on the last. What could be causing this?

Thanks!
Eric

* Re: nntp groups fully reloading on each entry
@ 2015-05-12  2:21 ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2015-05-12  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, May 09 2015,Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> I just moved my system over to a new computer, copying all my old
> configuration files and whatnot into place. Everything's working fine,
> except now I find that each time I enter an nntp group, the whole group
> is apparently re-downloaded. For larger groups, that means it can take
> several minutes just to open the group. The next time I go to open it:
> same thing.
>
> My config files are literally exactly the same on this machine as they
> are on the last. What could be causing this?
>
> Thanks!
> Eric

Try accessing a new group on the server that you didn't have before
and see whether the problem persists.  If it does, then there's a
server issue?  If it doesn't then there's an issue on your local
config?

I have no idea what's going on your system.

 sivaram