* Keeping a group visible.. dormant doesn't
@ 2003-05-31 23:20 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-05-31 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I seem to recall being able to keep a group visible in Group buffer
simply by ticking something (?) dormant.  Then an asterisk appeared on
the left, and group remained visible thru thick and thin.  Now it
doesn't .... and that has been true for several version I think.

It now takes a `u' tick to remain visible.  Is there some good reason
why dormant isn't sufficient?  With dormant it doesn't make anything
appear in summary unless one wants it too.

I think there is a var controlling this too.  Maybe I should just use
that.  Any one know what it is?

* Re: Keeping a group visible.. dormant doesn't
@ 2003-06-01  9:07 ` Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-06-01  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I seem to recall being able to keep a group visible in Group buffer
> simply by ticking something (?) dormant.  Then an asterisk appeared on
> the left, and group remained visible thru thick and thin.  Now it
> doesn't .... and that has been true for several version I think.

I don't recall the described behaviour, but I would not like it anyway...
I think it's alright that if a group has only dormant and/or read messages
that it would *not* show up (by default) in the group buffer. YMMV.

Robert

* Re: Keeping a group visible.dormant doesn't
@ 2003-06-01 13:26 ` Sacha Chua
From: Sacha Chua @ 2003-06-01 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I seem to recall being able to keep a group visible in Group buffer
> simply by ticking something (?) dormant.  Then an asterisk appeared on

If you want to keep a group visible, you can add (visible . t) to its
group parameters. From the *Group* buffer, type "G p". If the group
parameter is nil, replace it with ((visible . t)), else add (visible .
t) to the list.

That's probably not what you meant, but it might be useful. =)

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci