* It's good to be back...
@ 2003-03-05 21:55 Erlend Simonsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Erlend Simonsen @ 2003-03-05 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

After a year or so in Evolution-land, I finally took the time and sat down to
set up gnus the way I want it to work. Big high-five for the spam.el
integration. I get around 200 spams a day, and this makes my life a
lot easier.

Anyways, when I used gnus back in the good 'ol days, I had automatic
creation of nnml groups with named "nnml:archive_YY_MM" containing
sent mails. Could anyone refresh my memory as to what lisp-magic was
needed to do this? It's been a while. =)
--
Erlend Simonsen - <fudge@planetarion.com>

* Re: It's good to be back...
@ 2003-03-05 22:18 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-03-05 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 05 2003, Erlend Simonsen wrote:

> Anyways, when I used gnus back in the good 'ol days, I had automatic
> creation of nnml groups with named "nnml:archive_YY_MM" containing
> sent mails. Could anyone refresh my memory as to what lisp-magic was
> needed to do this? It's been a while. =)

Did you even forget, that Gnus comes with a manual? ;-)

`C-h i d m gnus RET i archive RET ,'

(Info-goto-node "(gnus)Archived Messages"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

You may also look at the revised FAQ at MGO: <http://my.gnus.org/faq/>

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: It's good to be back...
@ 2003-03-06 16:08 ` Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 2003-03-06 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Erlend Simonsen <fudge@planetarion.com> writes:

> Anyways, when I used gnus back in the good 'ol days, I had automatic
> creation of nnml groups with named "nnml:archive_YY_MM" containing
> sent mails. Could anyone refresh my memory as to what lisp-magic was
> needed to do this? It's been a while. =)

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
    (concat "sent." (format-time-string "%Y")))

--
matt

* Re: It's good to be back...
@ 2003-03-06 18:53 ` Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 2003-03-06 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Erlend Simonsen <fudge@planetarion.com> writes:

> After a year or so in Evolution-land

I'm curious, what brought you back from Evolution?  The big pet
feature that I always miss in other mail clients is adaptive scoring.

--
matt