* How to undo sorting of groups?
@ 2000-01-12 18:48 Hannu Koivisto
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2000-01-12 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

I accidentally hit `C-c C-s' and Gnus messed up my manually crafted
group ordering.  I quitted the session hoping that the change would
not be permanent, but it was.  Could I have undone the sorting
somehow or prevented Gnus from saving the new group order?

--
Hannu

* Re: How to undo sorting of groups?
@ 2000-04-21 13:23 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hannu Koivisto <azure@iki.fi> writes:

> I accidentally hit `C-c C-s' and Gnus messed up my manually crafted
> group ordering.  I quitted the session hoping that the change would
> not be permanent, but it was.  Could I have undone the sorting
> somehow or prevented Gnus from saving the new group order?

If you had `Q'-d, restarted Gnus and answered "no" to the question
whether to read the autosave file, you would have been saved.

* Re: How to undo sorting of groups?
@ 2000-04-21 14:28   ` François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2000-04-21 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hannu Koivisto <azure@iki.fi> writes:

> > I accidentally hit `C-c C-s' and Gnus messed up my manually crafted
> > group ordering.  I quitted the session hoping that the change would
> > not be permanent, but it was.  Could I have undone the sorting
> > somehow or prevented Gnus from saving the new group order?

> If you had `Q'-d, restarted Gnus and answered "no" to the question
> whether to read the autosave file, you would have been saved.

Maybe you would be satisfied by using group topics mode.  It allows you
to decide of the general structure of your groups, and whenever you sort,
the sort is kept within each topic.  This is the most proper Gnus way to
hand-craft a sequence of groups, while allowing sorts.  I sort often. :-)