* posting-style: reading headers from file possible?
@ 2013-06-10 22:15 lee
From: lee @ 2013-06-10 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

is it somehow possible to define a posting-style for a group that reads
the mail headers from a file?

I'm using gnus-parameters to set some headers when sending mail while in
a particulars groups.  This works fine, but for one of the groups, these
headers need to contain variable information.  I have made a perl script
that writes a file wich is used for the body of the mail.  This perl
script already adds the header lines to the file.  This doesn't really
do what I need since gnus adds its own headers.

How can I make gnus read headers from a file like I can with the body of
the mail?

--
"Object-oriented programming languages aren't completely convinced that
you should be allowed to do anything with functions."

* Re: posting-style: reading headers from file possible?
@ 2013-06-11 18:01 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2013-06-11 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:

> is it somehow possible to define a posting-style for a group that reads
> the mail headers from a file?

See (gnus)Posting Styles, for the various options to compute the
attribute values on the fly.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: posting-style: reading headers from file possible?
@ 2013-06-11 19:59   ` lee
From: lee @ 2013-06-11 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:
>
>> is it somehow possible to define a posting-style for a group that reads
>> the mail headers from a file?
>
> See (gnus)Posting Styles, for the various options to compute the
> attribute values on the fly.

Yes, I've been looking at that ...  Now, looking at it again: It seems
I'd have to put each header that has variable information into its own
file ...  And it works, thanks! :)  Somehow I didn't see it yesterday.