* answer several messages.
@ 2019-06-28 12:31 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2019-06-28 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I swore the following worked a time ago

    1. I set a mark via # to various messages

    2. I run M-&

    3. I run say  gnus-summary-reply-with-original or

    4. gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original

And gnus should reply to all the marked message.

It does not work: only the first message is taken.

Is this a bug? Could somebody please confirm this?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: answer several messages.
@ 2019-06-28 12:34 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-06-28 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I swore the following worked a time ago
>
>     1. I set a mark via # to various messages
>
>     2. I run M-&
>
>     3. I run say  gnus-summary-reply-with-original or
>
>     4. gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original
>
> And gnus should reply to all the marked message.
>
> It does not work: only the first message is taken.
>
> Is this a bug? Could somebody please confirm this?

I doubt that's something that would work...

But just `### S V' should work.

* Re: answer several messages.
@ 2019-06-28 13:16   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2019-06-28 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I doubt that's something that would work...

> But just `### S V' should work.

But only for three consecutive message, if I select say three no
consecutive ones, the command fails: by this I mean it only replies to
the first message and does not consider the other two.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: answer several messages.
@ 2019-06-28 13:18     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-06-28 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> But only for three consecutive message, if I select say three no
> consecutive ones, the command fails: by this I mean it only replies to
> the first message and does not consider the other two.

It works for me...

* Re: answer several messages.
@ 2019-06-28 13:36       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2019-06-28 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> "LI" == Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> But only for three consecutive message, if I select say three no
>> consecutive ones, the command fails: by this I mean it only replies to
>> the first message and does not consider the other two.

> It works for me...

No for me, at least not always. Not sure who to send a bug report
because somehow I should include the messages.

BTW, the command only chooses the reply address of the first message but
does not include the email, address from the second email, in the CC, so
it seems what is missing is gnus-summary-very-wide-followup-with-original

Which of course is an entirely different question.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: answer several messages.
@ 2019-06-28 14:15         ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2019-06-28 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>>> But only for three consecutive message, if I select say three no
>>> consecutive ones, the command fails: by this I mean it only replies to
>>> the first message and does not consider the other two.
>
>> It works for me...
>
> No for me, at least not always. Not sure who to send a bug report
> because somehow I should include the messages.
>
> BTW, the command only chooses the reply address of the first message but
> does not include the email, address from the second email, in the CC, so
> it seems what is missing is gnus-summary-very-wide-followup-with-original

Are you sure you're not using `S W' instead of `S V'?  The difference
between those two is that the latter includes all the From/Cc addresses
in the reply.

* Re: answer several messages.
@ 2019-06-28 19:55           ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2019-06-28 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)