* #<buffer  *nntpd*> and split-fancy-:-unparseable base64-encoded header.
@ 2018-09-22 20:23 Garreau, Alexandre
From: Garreau, Alexandre @ 2018-09-22 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I am unsure if this is an appropriate and well-descriptive subject for
this issue, please point it out to me otherwise.

I am currently splitting my mail with nnmail-split-fancy’s :, according
list-id content, and recently I noticed I got a lot of mail in garbage
directories named with long base64 strings: I then experimentally
noticed the buffer nnmail-split-fancy’s : acts on is still
base-64-encoded for utf-8 content.  However some mailing-list of online
(but graded) course of my college must have something wrong because
since the description of its list-id is in utf-8, the list-id itself is
too!

And what I normally read is:

So the thing between angle-brackets is readable in normal message-mode
but not by :…

How to make that readable? why doesn’t nnmail-split-fancy acts on a
decoded buffer? I need this to correctly receive and track that mail :/

* Re: #<buffer  *nntpd*> and split-fancy-:-unparseable base64-encoded header.
@ 2018-09-22 21:01 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2018-09-22 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Alexandre writes:

> why doesn’t nnmail-split-fancy acts on a decoded buffer?

You may want to check the value of the variable
nnmail-mail-splitting-decodes:

,----[ C-h v nnmail-mail-splitting-decodes RET ]
| nnmail-mail-splitting-decodes is a variable defined in ‘nnmail.el’.
| Its value is t
| Original value was nil
|
| Documentation:
| Whether the nnmail splitting functionality should MIME decode headers.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 22.1 of Emacs.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I ljuset från små skärmar kryper rädslan långsamt in        Adam Sjøgren
  Över gatorna och torgen när butikerna har stängt       asjo@koldfront.dk