* setting gnus-list-identifiers using G p
@ 2017-09-09 14:25 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-09-09 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I am trying to set the gnus-list-identifiers for a particular group to
the regular expression "\[[^]]*\] *" using "G p" to edit the group's
parameters, e.g. to remove "[some cruft] " from the subject
line.  However, if I type that in, I lose the backslashes; if I double
them up, both stay.  I cannot seem to get a single backslash in the
expression and gnus does not seem to understand the regexp with two
backslashes.

Any suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga
: in Emacs 26.0.50 + Gnus v5.13 + evil-git-cecbcfb

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: setting gnus-list-identifiers using G p
@ 2018-04-11 19:11 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2018-04-11 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: ding

> I am trying to set the gnus-list-identifiers for a particular group to
> the regular expression "\[[^]]*\] *" using "G p" to edit the group's
> parameters, e.g. to remove "[some cruft] " from the subject
> line.  However, if I type that in, I lose the backslashes; if I double
> them up, both stay.  I cannot seem to get a single backslash in the
> expression and gnus does not seem to understand the regexp with two
> backslashes.

Are you sure that the backslashes are doubled?  Emacs will usually
display a string containing a single backslash like "foo\\bar" because
that's the string read syntax.