* using reply and other marks in adaptive scoring
@ 2013-09-10 15:32 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-09-10 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I have been playing with adaptive scoring.  Works quite well; actually,
it works exactly as advertised so I guess that means it is working very
well.  However, it doesn't match my specific desired use case.

In particular, I would like to score articles based on whether I
responded to them (or did other things like forward or save) but it
appears that adaptive scoring can only adapt on the "read" status.  Is
this correct?

I did try adding (gnus-replied-mark (from 5) (subject 5)) to my
gnus-adaptive-score-alist but it appeared to have no impact at all.

Any pointers in the direction of scoring based on actions taken on an
email would be most welcome!

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.8 + evil 1.0-dev

* Re: using reply and other marks in adaptive scoring
@ 2013-09-10 20:23 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-09-10 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> In particular, I would like to score articles based on whether I
> responded to them (or did other things like forward or save)

For the first part, you don't need adaptive scoring - you can score on a
pattern matching your Message-IDs appearing in the References header.

I use:

 ("references"
  ("<87[0-9a-z]+\\.fsf\\(_-_\\)?@.*koldfront.dk>" nil nil r))

in my all.SCORE file, for example.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Jeg har det bedst med en sort hætte over hovedet og         Adam Sjøgren
  en dukke."                                             asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: using reply and other marks in adaptive scoring
@ 2013-09-11  7:33   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-09-11  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> In particular, I would like to score articles based on whether I
>> responded to them (or did other things like forward or save)
>
> For the first part, you don't need adaptive scoring - you can score on a
> pattern matching your Message-IDs appearing in the References header.
>
> I use:
>
>  ("references"
>   ("<87[0-9a-z]+\\.fsf\\(_-_\\)?@.*koldfront.dk>" nil nil r))
>
> in my all.SCORE file, for example.

Thanks.  This is very helpful.  It will indeed catch any articles which
are in response to anything I have written.  A good first step towards
what I want.

However, what I really want to is score emails from anybody I have
previously responded to higher than emails from those I have never
responded to.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.8 + evil 1.0-dev
: BBDB version 3.02 ($Date: 2013/05/15 13:17:58 $)

* Re: using reply and other marks in adaptive scoring
@ 2013-09-11  8:46     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-09-11  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> However, what I really want to is score emails from anybody I have
> previously responded to higher than emails from those I have never
> responded to.

Ah, so you want the fact that you responded to an article written by a
person to affect all articles by that person in the future?

I don't how to do that.

Cue Ted Zlatanov saying something about the registry...

  ;-),

   Adam

--
 "The tendency for larkiness in this place is                 Adam Sjøgren
  deplorable."                                           asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: using reply and other marks in adaptive scoring
@ 2013-09-11 10:34       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-09-11 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> However, what I really want to is score emails from anybody I have
>> previously responded to higher than emails from those I have never
>> responded to.
>
> Ah, so you want the fact that you responded to an article written by a
> person to affect all articles by that person in the future?

Exactly!  Thanks for wording it properly for me :-)

> I don't how to do that.

If the "secondary" marks (such as Answered, gnus-replied-mark) were
taken into account, this would be easy.  However, it looks like only
read status marks are used in adaptive scoring.

> Cue Ted Zlatanov saying something about the registry...

Ahh, interesting.  I'll have a look at the registry, something I've
avoided until now.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.8 + evil 1.0-dev
: BBDB version 3.02 (2013-07-28 21:43:26 -0500)