* e-mail notification
@ 2013-06-02 16:45 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2013-06-02 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus General

I would like to setup e-mail notification that is in time.el. I have a
group nnml:interesting that I want to watch.

So I found that does the right thing: mail-source-report-new-mail.

However when I run it I get an error

"Need to set `mail-source-primary-source' to check for new mail."

And now I am at loss what I need to do here. I search emacswiki, this
newsgroup, nothing...

Is someone using this? Could you tell me how to set the variable?

--
The AA battery in the wallclock sends magnetic interference.
    -- BOFH excuse #16

I am listening to "Vanessa Paradis - Paradis".

* Re: e-mail notification
@ 2013-06-02 23:02 ` Feng Shu
From: Feng Shu @ 2013-06-02 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: Gnus General

Ivan Kanis <ivan@kanis.fr> writes:

> I would like to setup e-mail notification that is in time.el. I have a
> group nnml:interesting that I want to watch.
>
> So I found that does the right thing: mail-source-report-new-mail.
>
> However when I run it I get an error
>
> "Need to set `mail-source-primary-source' to check for new mail."
>
> And now I am at loss what I need to do here. I search emacswiki, this
> newsgroup, nothing...
>
> Is someone using this? Could you tell me how to set the variable?

(add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook
          '(lambda () (progn
                    (setq gnus-use-demon t)
                    (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-news 10 nil))))

(add-hook 'gnus-after-getting-new-news-hook 'gnus-notifications)

* Re: e-mail notification
@ 2013-06-03  8:10 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2013-06-03  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Kanis; +Cc: Gnus General

On Sun, Jun 02 2013, Ivan Kanis wrote:

> Is someone using this? Could you tell me how to set the variable?

Maybe that could help:

  http://git.naquadah.org/?p=~jd/emacs.d.git;a=blob;f=time.conf.el;hb=HEAD

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: e-mail notification
@ 2013-06-03 12:18   ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2013-06-03 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

If anyone follow this thread mail-source-report-new-mail only works with
POP.

June, 03 at 10:10 Julien wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 02 2013, Ivan Kanis wrote:
>
>> Is someone using this? Could you tell me how to set the variable?
>
> Maybe that could help:
>
>   http://git.naquadah.org/?p=~jd/emacs.d.git;a=blob;f=time.conf.el;hb=HEAD

Thanks it helped!
--
Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

I am listening to "Creedence Clearwater Revival - Wholl Stop The Rain".