* problem with nnmail-split-fancy
@ 2019-05-06 14:52 James Burton
From: James Burton @ 2019-05-06 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi, I have fetchmail and procmail bringing mail from IMAP to nnmail and
it works fine apart from splitting. When I run `B t` in the summary
buffer gnus says it would move the message to the right folder but as new
messages arrive they stay in my oringal inbox. When I run `B r` in the summary
buffer gnus says it is moving the marked messages but no new groups are
created. In .gnus:

(setq gnus-select-method         '(nnmaildir "mymailbox" (directory "~/Mail/"))
      nnmail-crosspost           nil
      nnmail-split-methods       'nnmail-split-fancy
      nnmail-resplit-incoming    t
      nnmail-split-fancy         '(|
                                 (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
		                 (any "me@gmail.com" "gmail")
			         ("subject" "PEIRCE-L" "PEIRCE")
			         "mail.misc"
			         ))

After new mail comes in or after splitting manually, there are no groups
"PEIRCE", "gmail" or "mail.misc" on the server to subscribe to, just
nnmail+mymailbox:inbox. I'm using Gnus v5.13.

TIA,

Jim

This email has been scanned by MessageLabs' Email Security System
on behalf of the University of Brighton. For more information see:
https://staff.brighton.ac.uk/is/computing/Pages/Email/spam.aspx

* Re: problem with nnmail-split-fancy
@ 2019-05-06 17:13 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2019-05-06 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

James writes:

> When I run `B t` in the summary buffer gnus says it would move the
> message to the right folder but as new messages arrive they stay in my
> oringal inbox. When I run `B r` in the summary buffer gnus says it is
> moving the marked messages but no new groups are created.

What is the value of your mail-sources variable?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Everything needs to change.                                 Adam Sjøgren
  And it has to start today."                            asjo@koldfront.dk