* Retrieve specific posts on gmane
@ 2013-08-21  0:29 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2013-08-21  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I used agent to retrieve posts for a few yrs, but its been so long
since I've retrieved and posts... I've really forgotten how to do it.

I kind of hoped I could just mark some messages with '%' and gnus
would read my mind and go get them.  NOT

I didn't even have a server agentized...

Ok, so I've agentized gmane  and had already marked a bunch of
messages.

Went to group buffer and pressed `J s'  Gnus started downloading
messages alright but not the ones I marked.

I can see under News/agent that the gmane directory does not even have
the name of the group I marked messages in on disc.

The group is gmane.os.openindiana.general.  But the 'os' subdirectory
has not appeared under 'gmane'.  I checked size of gmane and could see
it is growing... but not the stuff I meant to get.

So how do I avoid download all of gmane... and just get the 200 or so
messages I want on disc?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-08-21  0:29 UTC | newest]