* Article mode line format
@ 2012-12-24 15:51 Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I think it would be nice if the article mode line format says "20
articles left", especially when the summary buffer isn't visible.

But the normal Gnus mode line formatting code doesn't seem to allow
stuff that's that "dynamic".  It computes a string that put into
`mode-line-buffer-identification'.  For this to work perfectly, the "20
articles left" would be dynamically shown instead of statically
computed.

Putting code like that into `mode-line-format' of the article buffer
would be possible, but it would be a pain to configure, wouldn't it?
Hm...

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Article mode line format
@ 2012-12-24 16:18 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2012-12-24 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> But the normal Gnus mode line formatting code doesn't seem to allow
> stuff that's that "dynamic".  It computes a string that put into
> `mode-line-buffer-identification'.  For this to work perfectly, the "20
> articles left" would be dynamically shown instead of statically
> computed.

mode-line-buffer-identification can contain any kind of mode-line
element.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: Article mode line format
@ 2012-12-24 17:59   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: ding

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> mode-line-buffer-identification can contain any kind of mode-line
> element.

Oh, cool.  Then I could just create a new format spec, and if that spec
is present, then create something that's evaluated (more) dynamically
instead of just the simple string.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen