* say if MML is a world standard
@ 2011-01-18 12:06 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2011-01-18 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

(info "(emacs-mime) Composing")
   Creating a MIME message is boring and non-trivial.  Therefore, a
   library called `mml' has been defined that parses a language called MML
   (MIME Meta Language) and generates MIME messages.

Say if this is some world standard or created by the author. We are
offline and wonder. Will check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MML later.

* Re: say if MML is a world standard
@ 2011-01-19  8:20 ` jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2011-01-19  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

j> Will check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MML later.
Good heavens, not only does it not list this apparent Lars creation,
there are several other computer related MMLs too. So were talking
small. Real small.

* Re: say if MML is a world standard
@ 2011-01-19  8:47 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2011-01-19  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> (info "(emacs-mime) Composing")
>    Creating a MIME message is boring and non-trivial.  Therefore, a
>    library called `mml' has been defined that parses a language called MML
>    (MIME Meta Language) and generates MIME messages.
>
> Say if this is some world standard or created by the author. We are
> offline and wonder. Will check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MML later.

You might want to check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politeness as well.

Frank

--
Have you ever considered how much text can fit in eighty columns?  Given that a
signature typically contains up to four lines of text, this space allows you to

* Re: say if MML is a world standard
@ 2011-01-19 21:16   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-01-19 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:20:55 +0800 jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

j> Will check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MML later.
j> Good heavens, not only does it not list this apparent Lars creation,
j> there are several other computer related MMLs too. So were talking
j> small. Real small.

Maybe the docs should say "MML is not a standard, just an internal Gnus
protocol you will only see when you attach something to your message."

Ted

* Re: say if MML is a world standard
@ 2011-01-22  3:16     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-22  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Maybe the docs should say "MML is not a standard, just an internal Gnus
> protocol you will only see when you attach something to your message."

Well, it's a language for Message, not Gnus.  :-)

But anyway, I don't really think this needs saying.