@ 2003-03-15 19:33 Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2003-03-15 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

These days quite some mails or postings are decorated with crap like
this:

    [...]
    - --
    Marco Parrone - marc0@autistici.org
    www.autistici.org/marc0
    2143 9E77 D5E6 115A 48AD  A170 D0EE F736 (4E88 99C2)
    Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
    [...]

1. Mailcrypt/gnupg seem to ignore signature separators :-(
2. Is there a Gnus function I can activate to hide this boring details?
3. If the answer is "no", is there a procmail recipe to throw away this
stuff?

Thanks for your time!

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o

@ 2003-03-15 23:12 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-03-15 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> These days quite some mails or postings are decorated with crap like
> this:

> 2. Is there a Gnus function I can activate to hide this boring
> details?

This should happen automatically in the default setting.  But it's
currently broken if the message is sent as format=flowed.  Is that the
case in the examples you've seen?

@ 2003-03-16  5:07   ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2003-03-16  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> This should happen automatically in the default setting.  But it's
> currently broken if the message is sent as format=flowed.  Is that the
> case in the examples you've seen?

No, it also happens for me with this message and other messages by
Norman Walsh:

Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:01:16 -0500
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Subject: Re: empty tags in html transformation
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Fr=E9d=E9ric?= Glorieux <f.glorieux@free.fr>
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

--

@ 2003-03-16 16:05     ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-03-16 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
>> This should happen automatically in the default setting.  But it's
>> currently broken if the message is sent as format=flowed.  Is that the
>> case in the examples you've seen?
>
> No, it also happens for me with this message and other messages by
> Norman Walsh:

I can't reproduce it.  PGP signature hiding works for me in that
message.

Have you disabled detection by setting `gnus-article-emulate-mime' to
nil?  Is pgp-signed in `mm-uu-configure-list'?

@ 2003-03-16 16:48       ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2003-03-16 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Have you disabled detection by setting `gnus-article-emulate-mime' to
> nil?

No, it's t.

> Is pgp-signed in `mm-uu-configure-list'?

Okay, this is the problem; using this setting it works:

(setq mm-uu-configure-list
    '((pgp-signed . t)
     (shar . disabled)))

I don't remember that I've had changed this option somewhere.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Hmm. They look ok to me in Oort v0.15. :-)

You are using terribly outdated software ;) Thanks for posting this test
message!

--

@ 2003-03-16 19:24         ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-03-16 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> Okay, this is the problem; using this setting it works:
>
> (setq mm-uu-configure-list
>     '((pgp-signed . t)
>      (shar . disabled)))
>
> I don't remember that I've had changed this option somewhere.

Strange.  I haven't changed this option -- doesn't it work if you don't
modify it at all?