* Atatch several messages.
@ 2000-08-12 17:15 Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2000-08-12 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a functionality to attatch several messages to a new mail
message?  I want to be able to forward arbitrary number of messages to
someone (as opposed to "S o m" key sequence which AFAI understand only
forwards one).
--
Arcady Genkin
Don't read everything you believe.

* Re: Atatch several messages.
@ 2000-08-12 17:26 ` Toni Drabik
From: Toni Drabik @ 2000-08-12 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com> writes:

> Is there a functionality to attatch several messages to a new mail
> message? I want to be able to forward arbitrary number of messages to
> someone (as opposed to "S o m" key sequence which AFAI understand only
> forwards one).

You have to mark the messages with `#' first and then press `S o m'.

--
``Why should I go where everyone goes,
  Why should I do what everyone does?''

* Re: Atatch several messages.
@ 2000-08-12 17:29 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-08-12 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com> writes:

> Is there a functionality to attatch several messages to a new mail
> message?  I want to be able to forward arbitrary number of messages to
> someone (as opposed to "S o m" key sequence which AFAI understand only
> forwards one).

Is `S O m' (capital O) what you are looking for?

ShengHuo

* Re: Atatch several messages.
@ 2000-08-12 17:30   ` Toni Drabik
From: Toni Drabik @ 2000-08-12 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr> writes:

> Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com> writes:
>
> > Is there a functionality to attatch several messages to a new mail
> > message? I want to be able to forward arbitrary number of messages to
> > someone (as opposed to "S o m" key sequence which AFAI understand only
> > forwards one).
>
> You have to mark the messages with `#' first and then press `S o m'.

Sorry, I made a mistake -- that procedure doesn't work (at least not for me
on 5.8.7), although I could swear it worked on some of the earlier versions.

--
``Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  But most of the time...''
   -- Harley Peyton

* Re: Atatch several messages.
@ 2000-08-12 18:01   ` Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2000-08-12 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Is `S O m' (capital O) what you are looking for?

Thanks, that's what I wanted.  The only problem now is that I have to
manually update `References:' field if I want the forwarded messages
to be a reply to someone's article...