* New in Gnus v5.8.3 - display problems
@ 2000-01-06  8:02 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2000-01-06  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Using XEmacs 21.2.b26, I have the following problem which appeared in
5.8.3 (worked fine in 5.8.2): If the summary buffer is shown
full-screen, pressing enter to read a message in it results in cursor
losing its place in the summary(positioning over another unrelated
message) after the screen is split into two to show the message text.

Going back to last millenium version... :)

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: New in Gnus v5.8.3 - display problems
@ 2000-01-07  1:41 ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 2000-01-07  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Using XEmacs 21.2.b26, I have the following problem which appeared in
> 5.8.3 (worked fine in 5.8.2): If the summary buffer is shown
> full-screen, pressing enter to read a message in it results in cursor
> losing its place in the summary(positioning over another unrelated
> message) after the screen is split into two to show the message text.
>
> Going back to last millenium version... :)

Yeps, I have the same problem. This have resulted in me answering a
number of mails incorrectly. Rather annoying at times. :-/

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Sho' they got to have it against the law.  Shoot, ever'body git high,

* Re: New in Gnus v5.8.3 - display problems
@ 2000-01-09  3:11 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-01-09  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry> Hi,

Dmitry> Using XEmacs 21.2.b26, I have the following problem which
Dmitry> appeared in 5.8.3 (worked fine in 5.8.2): If the summary
Dmitry> buffer is shown full-screen, pressing enter to read a message
Dmitry> in it results in cursor losing its place in the
Dmitry> summary(positioning over another unrelated message) after the
Dmitry> screen is split into two to show the message text.

Dmitry> Going back to last millenium version... :)

I always find this problem happen when it is the last article in the
summary buffer (the number of articles shown in buffer is larger than
the height of summary window).

Besides this, I also find another weird display problem. When enter
the last group shown in the group window, then read all articles and
exit the summary buffer, the cursor is not on the next unread group.

Both problems only happen recently in XEmacs. Since b26 was also
released in this millennium, I am wondering whether this is a bug in
XEmacs 21.2.b26 and whether 5.8.2 really works fine in
b26. set-window-start is a suspicious function.

Did anyone test these problems in other version of XEmacs?

--
Shenghuo

* Re: New in Gnus v5.8.3 - display problems
@ 2000-01-09  6:46   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 2000-01-09  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Dmitry> Hi,
>
> Dmitry> Using XEmacs 21.2.b26, I have the following problem which
> Dmitry> appeared in 5.8.3 (worked fine in 5.8.2): If the summary
> Dmitry> buffer is shown full-screen, pressing enter to read a message
> Dmitry> in it results in cursor losing its place in the
> Dmitry> summary(positioning over another unrelated message) after the
> Dmitry> screen is split into two to show the message text.
>
> Dmitry> Going back to last millenium version... :)
>
> I always find this problem happen when it is the last article in the
> summary buffer (the number of articles shown in buffer is larger than
> the height of summary window).
>
> Besides this, I also find another weird display problem. When enter
> the last group shown in the group window, then read all articles and
> exit the summary buffer, the cursor is not on the next unread group.
>
> Both problems only happen recently in XEmacs. Since b26 was also
> released in this millennium, I am wondering whether this is a bug in
> XEmacs 21.2.b26 and whether 5.8.2 really works fine in
> b26. set-window-start is a suspicious function.
>
> Did anyone test these problems in other version of XEmacs?

Well, I get the original problem with xemacs 21.1 so that one is
atleast not related to the above betaversion.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
I hate dying.