* Removing Agent category
@ 2000-01-02 13:03 Rade Markovic
From: Rade Markovic @ 2000-01-02 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know if this is a bug, but here's the description.

The content of my ~/News/agent/lib/categories file is:

((default (not low) file nil))

`J c'
`a'
newcat RET

and now, the content of the file above is:

((newcat false nil nil) (default (not low) file nil))

What's been bothering me is the fact that after killing the newly
created category with `k', the category `newcat' disappears from
the category buffer, but only temporarily, because
~/News/agent/lib/categories doesn't get updated after `k'. After
restarting Gnus, the killed category still exists in the category
buffer.

Well, after some further experimenting, I noticed that if I add n new
categories, then I'm able to kill n-1 out of them and
~/News/agent/lib/categories file is updated. It's just killin' the
n-th one. Bizarre.

Happy New Year to All

* Re: Removing Agent category
@ 2000-04-21 16:20 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rade Markovic <markovicr@softhome.net> writes:

> What's been bothering me is the fact that after killing the newly
> created category with `k', the category `newcat' disappears from
> the category buffer, but only temporarily, because
> ~/News/agent/lib/categories doesn't get updated after `k'.

Yup.  Fix in Gnus v5.8.5.