* Re: gnus-message-archive-group does not work when I compose-mail
       [not found] <25348.7945113861$1711769502@news.gmane.org>
@ 2024-04-04  6:19 ` Gijs Hillenius
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2024-04-04  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husain Alshehhi; +Cc: ding

On 29 March 2024 22:30 Husain Alshehhi, wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using an nnimap method, and I have set
>
> (gnus-message-archive-group "nnimap+myemail@example.com:Sent")
>

> Additionally, I set the gcc-self value:
>
>   (gnus-parameters
>    '((".*"
>       (gcc-self . "nnimap+myemail@example.com:Sent")
>       (gnus-use-adaptive-scoring nil)
>       (auto-expire . nil)
>       (total-expire . nil))))
>
> When I respond to an email in nnimap+myemail@example.com:INBOX, gnus
> automatically addes a Gcc header. This is the intended
> behavior. However, when I C-x m (compose-mail), no Gcc header is added,
> and my sent email is lost.
>
> Any idea why this is the case, and why both gnus-message-archive-group
> and gcc-self are not working as expected?

I wonder if the two interfere

What is the value of gnus-message-archive-group ?

M-x describe-variable gnus-message-archive-group

* Re: gnus-message-archive-group does not work when I compose-mail
       [not found] <25348.7945113861$1711769502@news.gmane.org>
@ 2024-04-04  6:21 ` Gijs Hillenius
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2024-04-04  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husain Alshehhi; +Cc: ding

@ 2024-04-04 11:33 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2024-04-04 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

My approach is to use the 'm' command from the Group buffer
(gnus-group-mail) to send emails, instead of C-x m (which is not gnus
specific).  The advantage is that if you give it a numeric argument,
e.g. "1 m", gnus will prompt for a group to define the composition
buffer which will enable settings like gcc-self to work.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2024-03-27) on Debian 12.5

* Re: gnus-message-archive-group does not work when I compose-mail
       [not found] <25348.7945113861$1711769502@news.gmane.org>
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-04-04 11:42 ` dick
From: dick @ 2024-04-04 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husain Alshehhi; +Cc: ding

Gnus, and emacs generally, is such an unconscionable mess setting an
edebug breakpoint (in this case, within gnus-inews-insert-gcc) is the
only way to see wtf is going on.

* Re: gnus-message-archive-group does not work when I compose-mail
       [not found] <25348.7945113861$1711769502@news.gmane.org>
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-04-04 17:45 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2024-04-04 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husain Alshehhi; +Cc: ding

I just set gnus-message-archive-group and it worksforme.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1

* Re: gnus-message-archive-group does not work when I compose-mail
@ 2024-04-05  2:20 ` Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2024-04-05  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

After searching in the emacs documentation, and thanks to the
"apropos-documentation" command and searching for "GCC", I found that I
needed to set (setq mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent).

@ 2024-04-04  1:08 ` Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2024-04-04  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Checking to see if someone knows of a solution to this problem.

* gnus-message-archive-group does not work when I compose-mail
@ 2024-03-30  3:30 Husain Alshehhi