* Menu Bar Suddenly Not Working in Nognus
@ 2010-12-23 21:00 Aric
From: Aric @ 2010-12-23 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I hope this is an appropriate place to post questions regarding the git version
of gnus.

I did a new git clone today on the gnus repository and now upon restarting gnus
the Menu Bar is not working for gnus. This only affects gnus, all other files
have appropriate Menu Bars. What happens is that the Menu Bar does not change,
i.e., it will not change to a Group mode or Article mode when it should it just
stays as the Emacs default (File, Edit, Options, Buffers, Tools, Help).

I have no idea how to debug this or figure out why this is happening. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Aric
(I have more problems still and will post latter)

* Re: Menu Bar Suddenly Not Working in Nognus
@ 2010-12-24  8:01 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-12-24  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aric; +Cc: ding

Aric <aorchid@mac.com> writes:

Hi Aric,

> I hope this is an appropriate place to post questions regarding the
> git version of gnus.

Yes.

> I did a new git clone today on the gnus repository and now upon
> restarting gnus the Menu Bar is not working for gnus.  This only
> affects gnus, all other files have appropriate Menu Bars.  What
> happens is that the Menu Bar does not change, i.e., it will not change
> to a Group mode or Article mode when it should it just stays as the
> Emacs default (File, Edit, Options, Buffers, Tools, Help).

I can only say: it works properly for me, e.g., in *Group* I have
additional menus Gnus, Groups, Group, Agent, and Topics.

> I have no idea how to debug this or figure out why this is
> happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you try to restart not only Gnus but your complete emacs?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Sent from my Emacs