* Weirdness with nnimap-request-scan and server variables
@ 2010-09-29  1:47 Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 2010-09-29  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

With the latest git gnus build, I am having some problems with
nnimap-request-scan.  My gnus-secondary-select-methods is as follows:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "localimap"
                (nnimp-inbox "INBOX")
                (nnimap-split-methods nnmail-split-fancy)
                (nnir-search-engine imap)
		(nnimap-address "localhost")
		(nnimap-stream network-no-tls))))

However, when I enter nnimap-request-scan, nnimap-inbox is nil.  After
debug-on-entry to nnimap-request-scan, using the following backtrace,
evaluating nnimap-inbox evaluates to nil.  Any ideas what could be
happening here?

Debugger entered--entering a function:
* nnimap-request-scan(nil "localimap")
  gnus-request-scan(nil (nnimap "localimap" (nnimp-inbox "INBOX") (nnimap-split-methods nnmail-split-fancy) (nnimap-address "localhost") (nnimap-stream network-no-tls) (nnir-search-engine imap)))
  gnus-get-unread-articles(nil)
  gnus-group-get-new-news(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-group-get-new-news nil nil)

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(md5i@md5i.com)

* Re: Weirdness with nnimap-request-scan and server variables
@ 2010-09-29  2:11 ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2010-09-29  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Michael Welsh Duggan <md5i@md5i.com> writes:

> With the latest git gnus build, I am having some problems with
> nnimap-request-scan.  My gnus-secondary-select-methods is as follows:
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnimap "localimap"
>                 (nnimp-inbox "INBOX")

Could the typo on the above line be the problem?

Dan

* Re: Weirdness with nnimap-request-scan and server variables
@ 2010-09-29  2:16   ` Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 2010-09-29  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:

> Michael Welsh Duggan <md5i@md5i.com> writes:
>
>> With the latest git gnus build, I am having some problems with
>> nnimap-request-scan.  My gnus-secondary-select-methods is as follows:
>>
>> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>>       '((nnimap "localimap"
>>                 (nnimp-inbox "INBOX")
>
> Could the typo on the above line be the problem?

Yes.  You can stare at these things all day long and still overlook the
obvious.  Thank you.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(md5i@md5i.com)