* ucs-tables.el contains unbalanced parenthesis...
@ 2002-03-26  6:21 Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2002-03-26  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

...at least, it does when trying to parse through it with XEmacs.

This means that I can't run an auto-autoloads generator over it
trivially.

They problem is in the definition of the iso-8859-6 codes; the left side
of the alist contains a '(' character that is treated as an opening
bracket by XEmacs.

        Daniel

--
No sight is more provocative of awe than is the night sky.
        -- Llewelyn Powys

* Re: ucs-tables.el contains unbalanced parenthesis...
@ 2002-03-26 10:21 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-26 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> ...at least, it does when trying to parse through it with XEmacs.
>
> This means that I can't run an auto-autoloads generator over it
> trivially.

I think ucs-tables.el doesn't work for XEmacs anyway.  For XEmacs,
there is a package Latin-Unity or similar.

Do you still need autoloads even though the package doesn't work?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: ucs-tables.el contains unbalanced parenthesis...
@ 2002-03-26 11:13   ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2002-03-26 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Kai Großjohann wrote:
> Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:
>
>> ...at least, it does when trying to parse through it with XEmacs.
>>
>> This means that I can't run an auto-autoloads generator over it
>> trivially.
>
> I think ucs-tables.el doesn't work for XEmacs anyway.  For XEmacs,
> there is a package Latin-Unity or similar.
>
> Do you still need autoloads even though the package doesn't work?

Nope. If the file is present, though, my current system will attempt to
build auto-loads for all the files in the directory unconditionally.

The idea of having a file which would contain invalid Lisp, regardless
of it's value, in one of the two branches seems ... odd.

Anyway, I can work around the problem without too much hassle -- it's
not like I can't live without building autoloads there when things
update.

        Daniel

--
It is disconcerting to reflect on the number of students we have flunked in
chemistry for not knowing what we later found to be untrue.

* Re: ucs-tables.el contains unbalanced parenthesis...
@ 2002-03-26 12:29     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-26 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> Anyway, I can work around the problem without too much hassle -- it's
> not like I can't live without building autoloads there when things
> update.

Hm.  Maybe the stuff in contrib shouldn't be used unconditionally.
It should only be used when really needed.  At least I gather that's
the idea of the contrib directory.

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: ucs-tables.el contains unbalanced parenthesis...
@ 2002-03-26 13:05       ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2002-03-26 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Kai Großjohann wrote:
> Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:
>
>> Anyway, I can work around the problem without too much hassle -- it's
>> not like I can't live without building autoloads there when things
>> update.
>
> Hm.  Maybe the stuff in contrib shouldn't be used unconditionally.
> It should only be used when really needed.  At least I gather that's
> the idea of the contrib directory.

Yup. My plan for working around the problem is to symlink all the stuff
I actually use from contrib out into a different directory. To date,
though, I had used most of it. ;)

        Daniel

--
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas
at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.