* Agent aggravation
@ 2000-05-05 12:06 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-05-05 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Something I have yet to find a handy way to do:

Once the agent has bypassed downloading a message, due to it not
satisfying the predicate.  (in this case "high")

Then the user decides they want to download one of those bypassed
messages, there seems to be no way to do this handily.

Finding the message when "plugged" and marking it as unread and with
the "%" agent download mark seems like it should do the trick but does'nt.

This should be possible with out editing any files, and probably is,
but I've not hit on the proceedure.

* Re: Agent aggravation
@ 2000-05-07 11:38 ` Rade Markovic
From: Rade Markovic @ 2000-05-07 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Once the agent has bypassed downloading a message, due to it not
> satisfying the predicate.  (in this case "high")
>
> Then the user decides they want to download one of those bypassed
> messages, there seems to be no way to do this handily.
>
> Finding the message when "plugged" and marking it as unread and with
> the "%" agent download mark seems like it should do the trick but does'nt.

I don't understand why you should go plugged. You still possess
headers of those bypassed articles unless you expunged them by your
score files. In that case, try putting something like

(mark -1000)

in your appropriate score file, and "low" articles down to -1000 will
be unread and visible, so you can operate on them (with @)
offline.

Or, simply remove expunge statement from your score file and operate
on read headers.

HTH