* How to view the bug reports
@ 2018-06-05  7:38 Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-06-05  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I was hoping to peruse Gnus bugs, and I found myself a little confused
about where to find them.  Is the following debbugs package the
canonical bug tracker for the Gnus project?

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gnus

The reason I'm a little confused is because that debbugs package doesn't
seem to be mentioned the following page:

http://www.gnus.org/resources.html

That page only points to what appears to be a newsgroup:

Since I currently only use Gnus for reading email - not news - I wasn't
sure how to verify how that newsgroup is related to that debbugs
package.

To make matters more confusing, the Gnus manual (in "(gnus) FAQ 8-5")
seems to only mention an email alias for reporting bugs: bugs@gnus.org.
Where does that go?  To the debbugs package I linked above, perhaps?

--
Chris

* Re: How to view the bug reports
@ 2018-06-05 15:42 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-06-05 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Chris Marusich <cmmarusich@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was hoping to peruse Gnus bugs, and I found myself a little confused
> about where to find them.  Is the following debbugs package the
> canonical bug tracker for the Gnus project?
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gnus

I believe so, yes.

> The reason I'm a little confused is because that debbugs package doesn't
> seem to be mentioned the following page:
>
> http://www.gnus.org/resources.html
>
> That page only points to what appears to be a newsgroup:

I think gnus.org is out of date -- the debbugs system is the canonical
bug tracker. You can browse it with the debbugs package, in the repos,
which provides a few interactive commands for entering the bug browser.

There's also `gnus-read-ephemeral-bug-group' for one-offs.

> Since I currently only use Gnus for reading email - not news - I wasn't
> sure how to verify how that newsgroup is related to that debbugs
> package.
>
> To make matters more confusing, the Gnus manual (in "(gnus) FAQ 8-5")
> seems to only mention an email alias for reporting bugs: bugs@gnus.org.
> Where does that go?  To the debbugs package I linked above, perhaps?

Again I think that's out of date. Note that if you run the `gnus-bug'
command, it goes to submit@debbugs.gnu.org (with the "gnus" package
tag).

Hope that helps,
Eric

* Re: How to view the bug reports
@ 2018-06-05 15:57   ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2018-06-05 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: ding

> Again I think that's out of date. Note that if you run the `gnus-bug'
> command, it goes to submit@debbugs.gnu.org (with the "gnus" package
> tag).

These days it uses "emacs,gnus", since gnus is now developed in the
same repo as emacs.

Robert

* Re: How to view the bug reports
@ 2018-06-06  4:20   ` Chris Marusich