* Display colors in html mails
@ 2012-11-11 17:16 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2012-11-11 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

Sometimes I get replies from folks who reply inline in the previous
mail using colors.  I guess these are mostly people who're using some
kind of version of MS Outlook, which, at least by default, does not
insert `>' or other notation for `old text'.

Example:

┏━━━
┃ Reply to Rasmus who wrote on DATE:
┃ > my reply
┃ my text in the original mail
┃ <blue>the guy's reply</blue>
┗━━━

This is annoying, but I think it's for the better that I just accept
this practice.  So my question is, is there some way I can have Gnus
display colors in html mails?  Or some other solution which I have
missed?

I tried varies backends via mm-text-html-renderer, but it didn't seem
to solve the issue.  I also noticed the variable
shr-color-html-colors-alist, but I setting the html-render to shr
didn't work either. . .

Thanks in advcance,
Rasmus

--
El Rey ha muerto. ¡Larga vida al Rey!

* Re: Display colors in html mails
@ 2012-11-12  9:39 ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2012-11-12  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rasmus writes:

> Hi,
>
> Sometimes I get replies from folks who reply inline in the previous
> mail using colors.  I guess these are mostly people who're using some
> kind of version of MS Outlook, which, at least by default, does not
> insert `>' or other notation for `old text'.
>
> Example:
>
> ┏━━━
> ┃ Reply to Rasmus who wrote on DATE:
> ┃ > my reply
> ┃ my text in the original mail
> ┃ <blue>the guy's reply</blue>
> ┗━━━
>
> This is annoying, but I think it's for the better that I just accept
> this practice.  So my question is, is there some way I can have Gnus
> display colors in html mails?  Or some other solution which I have
> missed?
>
> I tried varies backends via mm-text-html-renderer, but it didn't seem
> to solve the issue.  I also noticed the variable
> shr-color-html-colors-alist, but I setting the html-render to shr
> didn't work either. . .

I usually get the text version of the message with M-t b, or display it on
the browser if it does not exist with K H.

--
Alberto

* Re: Display colors in html mails
@ 2012-12-24 20:52 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: ding

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> This is annoying, but I think it's for the better that I just accept
> this practice.  So my question is, is there some way I can have Gnus
> display colors in html mails?  Or some other solution which I have
> missed?

Gnus (via shr.el) displays HTML (with colours) by default, if your Emacs
is built with libxml2 support, and you haven't customised stuff too much.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen