* Re: bug#9208: article has a nil data header
       [not found] ` <m3r556a0nf.fsf@stories.gnus.org>
@ 2012-01-24 22:40   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2012-01-24 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:13:40 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:
>> Naturally I have no idea how I got here and no confidence that I can
>> reproduce it, but this just appeared in my *Messages* buffer.  I thought
>> someone should know.
>>
>> Mark all unread articles as read? (y or n)
>> Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
>> Article 52 has a nil data header
>> Article 45 has a nil data header
>> Article 39 has a nil data header

LMI> Ted probably knows what this means.  :-)  Ted?

My guess is that Dave had multiple summary buffers open and spam.el
doesn't keep separate article lists per summary buffer.  So on exit,
spam.el tried to look up missing articles.

See my earlier e-mail on the topic of spam2.el.

Ted

* Re: bug#9208: article has a nil data header
@ 2012-09-05 18:05     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-09-05 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> My guess is that Dave had multiple summary buffers open and spam.el
> doesn't keep separate article lists per summary buffer.  So on exit,
> spam.el tried to look up missing articles.
>
> See my earlier e-mail on the topic of spam2.el.

So can this bug report be closed?

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: bug#9208: article has a nil data header
@ 2012-09-05 19:44       ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2012-09-05 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

on Wed Sep 05 2012, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> My guess is that Dave had multiple summary buffers open and spam.el
>> doesn't keep separate article lists per summary buffer.  So on exit,
>> spam.el tried to look up missing articles.
>>
>> See my earlier e-mail on the topic of spam2.el.
>
> So can this bug report be closed?

Haven't seen it since then, so yes, I think so.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training

* Re: bug#9208: article has a nil data header
@ 2012-09-17 19:07       ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2012-09-17 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

on Wed Sep 05 2012, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> My guess is that Dave had multiple summary buffers open and spam.el
>> doesn't keep separate article lists per summary buffer.  So on exit,
>> spam.el tried to look up missing articles.
>>
>> See my earlier e-mail on the topic of spam2.el.
>
> So can this bug report be closed?

If that's indeed the cause, it sounds to me like a real bug that should
be fixed.  No?

--

@ 2012-12-22 20:16         ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2012-12-22 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:07:08 -0400 Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:

DA> on Wed Sep 05 2012, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

>> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>>
>>> My guess is that Dave had multiple summary buffers open and spam.el
>>> doesn't keep separate article lists per summary buffer.  So on exit,
>>> spam.el tried to look up missing articles.
>>>
>>> See my earlier e-mail on the topic of spam2.el.
>>
>> So can this bug report be closed?

DA> If that's indeed the cause, it sounds to me like a real bug that should
DA> be fixed.  No?

Yes.

We could keep the list of articles as a buffer-local variable in the
summary buffer.  I think that would be a pretty minimal change.

Ted