* respooling messages between nnmaildir and nnml doesn´t work
@ 2011-06-23  1:01 lee
From: lee @ 2011-06-23  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

is there a bug with respooling messages between nnmaildir and nnml?

I have some messages stored in maildir format and would like to respool
them to have them sorted into the appropriate nnml groups. B q to query
where a message would go yields the correct group. B r respools the
message, but the message does not end up in the group it´s supposed to
go into. It remains in it´s original group, and searching for its
Message-ID in the target group fails.

Can somebody verify the problem?

* Re: respooling messages between nnmaildir and nnml doesn´t work
@ 2011-06-26  9:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-06-26  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:

> I have some messages stored in maildir format and would like to respool
> them to have them sorted into the appropriate nnml groups. B q to query
> where a message would go yields the correct group. B r respools the
> message, but the message does not end up in the group it´s supposed to
> go into. It remains in it´s original group, and searching for its
> Message-ID in the target group fails.

If I say `B q' on a message in my nnimap:misc group, it says:

This message would go to misc

`B r' then says:

Wrote /home/larsi/Mail/misc/92653

So this seems to work for me.

* Re: respooling messages between nnmaildir and nnml doesn´t work
@ 2011-06-26 23:09   ` lee
From: lee @ 2011-06-26 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> writes:
>
>> I have some messages stored in maildir format and would like to respool
>> them to have them sorted into the appropriate nnml groups. B q to query
>> where a message would go yields the correct group. B r respools the
>> message, but the message does not end up in the group it´s supposed to
>> go into. It remains in it´s original group, and searching for its
>> Message-ID in the target group fails.
>
> If I say `B q' on a message in my nnimap:misc group, it says:
>
> This message would go to misc
>
> `B r' then says:
>
> Wrote /home/larsi/Mail/misc/92653

Hm, same here. When I verified that the articles did end up in the
target group after respooling, I couldn't find them there. I just tried
it again, and the articles were correctly respooled now. Perhaps I was
too stupid to find them when I tried the first time, sorry.