* Multiple servers in gnus-select-method?
@ 2010-12-07 22:03 Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2010-12-07 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When I first set up gnus a few months ago I thought I would use it
primarily for mail and g**gled someone who recommended to in that case
use imap as gnus-select-method. Of course, I have by now stuffed a plethora
of different methods in gnus-secondary-select-methods.

So, now I realise it would be great to also read my gmail in gnus and
 want to add another imap server. How should I go about this? Is it
possible to add another server to gnus-select-method? Or should I put an
nntp as gnus-select-method and use imap as
gnus-secondary-select-methods?

Now I use:
(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnimap "gmx"
	       (nnimap-address "imap.gmx.com")
	       (nnimap-server-port 993)
	       (nnimap-stream ssl)))

And would like to add something like:
(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nnimap "gmail"
	       (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
	       (nnimap-server-port 993)
	       (nnimap-stream ssl)))

Could this be done and if so, how? (the manual always uses a single
server as example, so maybe this is a bad idea?)

Thanks,
--
Johnny

* Re: Multiple servers in gnus-select-method?
@ 2010-12-09  8:23 ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-12-09  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Johnny writes:

> When I first set up gnus a few months ago I thought I would use it
> primarily for mail and g**gled someone who recommended to in that case
> use imap as gnus-select-method. Of course, I have by now stuffed a plethora
> of different methods in gnus-secondary-select-methods.
>
> So, now I realise it would be great to also read my gmail in gnus and
>  want to add another imap server. How should I go about this? Is it
> possible to add another server to gnus-select-method? Or should I put an
> nntp as gnus-select-method and use imap as
> gnus-secondary-select-methods?
>
> Now I use:
> (setq gnus-select-method
>       '(nnimap "gmx"
> 	       (nnimap-address "imap.gmx.com")
> 	       (nnimap-server-port 993)
> 	       (nnimap-stream ssl)))
>
> And would like to add something like:
> (setq gnus-select-method
>       '(nnimap "gmail"
> 	       (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
> 	       (nnimap-server-port 993)
> 	       (nnimap-stream ssl)))
>
> Could this be done and if so, how? (the manual always uses a single
> server as example, so maybe this is a bad idea?)

Add the rest of the servers with

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "gmail"....

--
Alberto